Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A State of Trance
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have searched but it didnt find any :dunno:

Read about it on MVP, but no pics or something like that. Anyone here using it? What do you think, does it have direct fitment, how is't compared to other aftermarket manifolds, pics?

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
its bad ass and expensive.

if its anything like the MKIV version, you should really run the WG they recommend. when you mix and match WG w/ the RPS manifold, it has a bad tendancy to spike and creep due to the WG runner orientation.

My friend had to spend $200 to have his WG runner cut and rewelded so that his Deltagate wouldnt spike/creep w/ the ITS76dbb.

·
A State of Trance
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i saw that it cost to much :eek3: Like $1700 on MVP. Just wanted to check if it was worth the money. To bad that with the wastegate..

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
I used to have thr RPS, and it is a bad ass, well made manifold. Having said that, I hated it because it was a hassle getting the turbo on and off, and there was no room for bigger than a 3" downpipe because of the angle the turbo sat on. In fact even the 3" DP it comes with is kinked to clear.

Is it worth the $?? probably not nowadays that you can buy the ebay mani, and even put a couple hundred in it for bracing, re-welding, etc, and still come out ahead of the rps $$-wise. It all depends on how you liek to spend your $ :)

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Here's my RPS header. around 70k miles and 5+ years on it. Best header going today if you ask me. Excellent porting job and equal length.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agress with above...^^^
I have the RPS manifold. Very happy with the quality and fitment. I'm using the larger Racegate WG without issue. You will certainly notice a change to your exhaust note with this mani. IMO Sounds amazing!

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,143 Posts
Red '88T said:
I agress with above...^^^
I have the RPS manifold. Very happy with the quality and fitment. I'm using the larger Racegate WG without issue. You will certainly notice a change to your exhaust note with this mani. IMO Sounds amazing!
Yup.

I've said it before, but tube manifolds sound sick on the 7M.

I only have the Greddy replica manifold, but it sounds the same of course.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Brent, do the divided T4 manifolds sound different than the merge collector manifolds? ive only heard Merge collector manifolds like the RPS on MKIV's. never really anything on 7M's. i guess i just deal w/ MKIV's too much.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,143 Posts
My turbo has a non divided turbine housing, and you know the Greddy replica manifolds are a divided T4 foot print.
It has that famous "Single turbo'd JZ" sound.
Don't think they would sound any different.
I doubt they sound any different.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
yeah, ive got the Greddy replica too, w/ the divided T4. i didnt think it would sound much different than a full merge collector. i need some cams now. ive got massive portwork, so hopefully the car will sound like a 'Busa. plus, ive got a fidanza, so maybe itll tach out quickly like a sport bike too ;) like this car; http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2debbd02-242a-4d15-b857-f0ed551ea038.htm

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
fluby,

You have heard Mk3brents right? It sounds greatly different than the stock exhaust manifold set up (internal waste gate).

I will be using my SSauto greddy replica as a template for my own manifold. I have to make a custom one for my turbo. LOL

-Jonathan

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
not sure if this helps but if u want to know what brents mani sounds like go aggravate a bear

1 - 12 of 12 Posts