Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so the other night I kept hearing a noise from my front suspension, so I figured it's either the ball joints or the lower control arm bushings. I decided to grease the ball joint and see if the noise would go away.....well, it didn't Then on my way home, just as I pulled into my condo complex, I lost the ball joint on the passenger side :mad:

So I bought some nice MOOG OEM replacement ball joints, and I figured if I have to remove my lower control arm to do the ball joint, I may as well replace the worn bushings.....and if I'm gonna replace the bushing, I may as well replace them with polyurethane bushings.....and if I'm gonna replace my front control arm bushings, I may as well replace all the bushings with poly bushings. Well, I picked up the ball joints yesterday, and these should be here tomorrow :D:D:D

M

·
0 Posts
Funny how one thing leads to the other, eh?

what kind of sound were you hearing anyways?
i was hearing a sound too, like something was loose, coming from my left front.
i thought that my strut was failing, but when i was packing my wheel bearings yesterday, i found out that my caliper was missing the lower stud... wtf man.

anyways, hav fun with the install.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, replace one tie rod, the other side goes bad.....replace both sides inners and outers. Ball Joint makes noise, add grease and break it, buy 2 new ball joints and bushing kit......it just never ends......at least all of the inportant steering and suspension components are new. New inner/outer tie rods, new ball joints, new eibach springs, new Tokico struts/shocks, new front wheel bearings/seals, new front rotors and pads. Except for the body and chassis.....this car is almost all brand new.....lol

So the noise, it was a hollowish sounding clunk that would happen as I hit bumps or potholes. It was coming from the passenger side front.

I'll do a nice writeup with pictures when I install them :)

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Aaron at Rabidchimp gives really good prices.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed.....just got them today. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts