Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so the other night I kept hearing a noise from my front suspension, so I figured it's either the ball joints or the lower control arm bushings. I decided to grease the ball joint and see if the noise would go away.....well, it didn't Then on my way home, just as I pulled into my condo complex, I lost the ball joint on the passenger side :mad:

So I bought some nice MOOG OEM replacement ball joints, and I figured if I have to remove my lower control arm to do the ball joint, I may as well replace the worn bushings.....and if I'm gonna replace the bushing, I may as well replace them with polyurethane bushings.....and if I'm gonna replace my front control arm bushings, I may as well replace all the bushings with poly bushings. Well, I picked up the ball joints yesterday, and these should be here tomorrow :D:D:D

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
nice! should help out quite a bit.. those 21 year old bushings im sure are pretty shot...

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tissimo said:
nice! should help out quite a bit.. those 21 year old bushings im sure are pretty shot...

lol, if they're even still there.....lol. The car should handle really well after I put these in and get an alignment. Hell, Maybe they'll help my 1/4 mile time......doubt it, but who knows.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
pituala said:
lol, if they're even still there.....lol. The car should handle really well after I put these in and get an alignment. Hell, Maybe they'll help my 1/4 mile time......doubt it, but who knows.
yea it may.. they could be twisting the rear and giving a bad alignment or something.. im sure it will help handling.. at least make it more solid feeling.. i want to get a set of my car.. eventually when i get some shocks/springs..

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tissimo said:
yea it may.. they could be twisting the rear and giving a bad alignment or something.. im sure it will help handling.. at least make it more solid feeling.. i want to get a set of my car.. eventually when i get some shocks/springs..
I just wanna get the matching drilled rear brakes, then the Cusco front and rear swaybars, and rear wheel bearings and my suspension should be pretty much done and all new and upgraded.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
How much would it cost to install a full bushing kit on a supra? I know you need a press and a lot of time.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll tell you after I install these, as I have no idea how long it's gonna take me....lol. I have a lift, air tools, and a press though, so hopefully not too long.

·
Registered
345 Posts
pituala said:
I'll tell you after I install these, as I have no idea how long it's gonna take me....lol. I have a lift, air tools, and a press though, so hopefully not too long.
armin......whats up buddy,i see you've been keeping up with the needs of the supra.................i just finished one of steves' supras today,we'll pass by the shop one day soon.....................................randy

·
Registered
242 Posts
pituala said:
Yeah, so the other night I kept hearing a noise from my front suspension, so I figured it's either the ball joints or the lower control arm bushings. I decided to grease the ball joint and see if the noise would go away.....well, it didn't Then on my way home, just as I pulled into my condo complex, I lost the ball joint on the passenger side :mad:

So I bought some nice MOOG OEM replacement ball joints, and I figured if I have to remove my lower control arm to do the ball joint, I may as well replace the worn bushings.....and if I'm gonna replace the bushing, I may as well replace them with polyurethane bushings.....and if I'm gonna replace my front control arm bushings, I may as well replace all the bushings with poly bushings. Well, I picked up the ball joints yesterday, and these should be here tomorrow :D:D:D

nice ,how much was it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts