Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fluid fan waterpump took a crap. I ordered a new 2JZ-GTE waterpump and pulley, and I also ordered the oil filter housing bolt with the threaded hole in it to put my oil pressure sensor. So now I'll have a working oil pressure gauge :). I also had to replace the fluid fan, so this is what I picked up.......with the relays is was $300. These fans kick ass!!!!!

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Will this oil filter flange/ bolt work for the 1jz with a 7m sender?

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
HAwt! I should have mentioned my local junkyard has a hydrofan in its pile of fans. Is it worth anything?

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SUPRASTANGER507mgte said:
whoa...those fans look large....
Which bolts was that that u picked up for the oil pressure?
The fan housing does need to be slightly trimmed down to fit in my engine bay, but the total width is about 1.5" less than the total width of the radiator fin section. I believe the blades are 10" each.

The bolt I picked up is from a 2JZ-GTE. It's the big huge fat bolt that bolts on the oil filter housing to the block. On the 1J, that bolt is just a plain regular bolt, on the 2J the bolt has an 1/8" BPT threaded hole in it that fits the 5M and 7M oil pressure sender switch, so rather than taking the oem 1J sensor out, which is a major PITA, I'll just swap this bolt, install my old oil pressure switch, and run a wire through my dash to the oem oil pressure gauge.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Orubus said:
Will this oil filter flange/ bolt work for the 1jz with a 7m sender?
Yes it will.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VJ RC51 said:
HAwt! I should have mentioned my local junkyard has a hydrofan in its pile of fans. Is it worth anything?
I doubt it....lol. The hydro fans do kick ass, the really flow some cfm, but once you start running into problems with them, it's just easier to swap over to electric......or clutch type fans (yuck...I hate clutch fans!!!)

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, some updated pics.

Oil Filter bolt mod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts