Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey all. i dropped off my car today at MPH Unlimited to finish the headers finally. sorry it took so long. first of all, let me make it clear that i do NOT work for them or are getting credit for any advertising in any way. just doing you guys a favor to let you know what is and may be coming up. (for the good part, read til the end please)

FIRST of all, bad news about the headers, theyre going to take longer than i expected. but for 100% within a month they will be for sale (but most likely around 2 weeks).. they have to make some corrections again, dyno it, and then send it off to get them made for the production versions (reason being, they can do it now but want good quality products). the dyno #'s should be in by monday or tuesday, if everything goes right (hopefully). it shouldnt pass the 700$ range but that is not definite yet.

SECOND, as some of you may know, i have a downpipe currently on my car. it is not for sale yet, or it may never be, but will be decided according to demand. i was told that it put out 8rwhp and 11lb-ft of torque. it probably wont be priced over the 300$ range, but it is not definite.

also if you are planning to get the downpipe, this is not compatible with the headers that is going to be sold soon. the headers basically connect all the way to the cat back so there will be no need for the downpipe. so basically it is ~300 for 8/11 or ~700 for ?/? but it will be significantly more than the downpipe. once again, #'s will come soon. well, let MPH/or me know if you are interested in the downpipe.

THIRD, and this is the GOOD PART. there will be a new Turbo kit coming out for the NA MKIV. they are not sure if it will be a single or twin turbo kit, it might end up being both (im thinking single, much better chance imo). but it will go into production almost definitely. it will be an easily upgradable one (not like the F-max with the restrictive manifold) and with the use of the stock fuel system (or almost stock), should put out about 350flywheel horsepower. if that doesnt satisfy you (because it doesnt for me) it should flow more than enough fuel for us to have the option of upgrading to a much bigger turbo (AL/MPH told me hopefully even enough to support a T78, etc etc, you get the point....we'll see soon enough ). the best part about this is the price, which they are going to try to put it in the 4000-5000$ range. this is planned for sometime in the upcoming months (1.5-2.5months??) and most likely will be finished before summer. oh and it will most likely be made/designed on my car so i will have all the info, for those of you with questions. not only will i have the #'s for the stock kit, but after those are achieved, i will probably fish out some $$ and upgrade to a much bigger turbo/higher boost to see wat it can do. nothing is 100% planned yet but these are MPH's/our plans.. so ill keep you guys updated.

(also, exhausts will should be made by them for our cars as well as the TT's sometime soon, and also they are making a turbo kit for the Twin Turbo for those of you interested..)

well, hope that made your day got a little better, because it did for me.. i was planning to go the Nitrous route but now i will be going NA-T!! ill post again on monday/tuesday... hopefully with the dyno #'s from the headers and maybe some more info on everything else. thanks (and sorry for such a long post)
:D

John..

·
road hazard
452 Posts
nothin but good news for us NA owners. thanks for the info john. i look forward to seeing a dyno sheet. can't wait to hear about the new turbo kit also.

by the way, is your car auto or 5spd?

thanks.

·
0 Posts
Thank you very much for all the info on NA upgrades. I have
owned my 1993 Supra NA for about four months, and keep
second guessing myself on whether to sell it and get a TT.
I enjoy the handling and style of the car, ans also get many
compliments, but when performance questions get asked,
I am ashamed the car can not do more!!

Please keep all us NA people informed. There is also some
information I was receiving on a shop that was putting to-
gether a supercharger for the NA. I will follow it up in the
next few days and let you guys know what I find out. I own
a second car that has a supercharger in it, and if this perfor-
mance add on could be placed in a NA, it would surely help.

By the way, where are you located?? Also where is MPH
located??
Once again, thanks for the info........Robert

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, thanks for all your attention. once again, if anyone's interested in the downpipe let me know or email [email protected] and i guess you should write it to AL...let him know what it's about.

heh, im just as anxious as you guys about all these new products. i was also seriously considering selling my NA and getting a TT. oh, and i am from Southern California/Orange County and MPH Unlimited is located in Simi Valley, also in Southern California.

my car is an auto. and although the exhaust components arent costing me a cent, the turbo kit will (but lets just say that ill be getting a HUUUGE discount ;) ) but..after the original kit is put on, i plan to go with a much bigger turbo/fuel system/upgraded transmission..so that should cost me a pretty penny....but should be very rewarding to say the least... :D

S

·
0 Posts
hey stang thanks for the great info man... up there tho *just tryin to clear something up* did u say the single/turbo kit will have enough power to support another turbo kit *like the T78* or something? Therefore we can get the same stuff as TT cars?? heh if im wrong plz lmk. Im still kinda new to this stuff. Also with an upgrade fuel system like 550cc injectors and all would it supply more then 350 hp? or what? thanks so much for the info man! Greatly appreciated!

Rob~

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
wow... mph is moving fast aren't they... 2 months for the turbo kit... interesting... **john, you're going na-t? :eek: :cool: :eek: ** hehe... can't wait to hear how much the na-t kit goes... hopefully, it will be much better quality than those others... if my car isn't sold by the time i have enough money for that, i'll probably do the same...hehe... lateZ

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
staticx313- the turbo kit should be easily upgradable, and hopefully enough to support huge singles such as the T78. some intake manifolds (fmax) cant flow enough air to support such a big turbo, and is pointless after the set HP that it was designed to put out. This one should be Very easy to upgrade, for example if you get the kit and want lets say...50+hp more (estimate, not exact #'s), you should be able to basically put in more fuel, raise the boost and achieve higher hp levels quite easily. hope that clears it up.

money042- wassup newman:D ill find that out for you on monday or tuesday (whenever i go back to pick up my car) heh..

wishlist- hey neil, we're probably going to start within 2 months (they have to finish the turbo kit for the new gen. eclipse first..) so..it should take a little more time for it to be produced/sold. but trust me, ill try to rush them heh :p im pretty sure it will be a very high quality product (from my experience with them) and you should definitely do that if you dont sell by then..so next time we can have an NA-T meet instead of an NA one ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts