Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
MKIII Bodykit Connoisseur
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well... car's going into be painted... cause the last guy i had do it... messed it all up.. paintjob was worse than maaco... so... having some more bodywork touchups before repainting... here's some pics:

all plastic pieces died black:

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
paintjob will be done right, sideskirts are off... doors will be off... all window molding will be out... etc etc...

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
i like the black int.

Didnt you spend like 10gs or something on your last paint job?

Gonna paint it yellow again?

PS how did you dye it? any progress pics or tips?

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ang... yeah... paid $4500 for the first paintjob....that last guy said he put 4 coats of base, and 5 coats of clear.... the shop my car is in now, had a paint pro come out and measure how many coats of paint where on the car.... there were 3..... total.... so no wonder when it was cut/buffed it started to show black sealer through....

um... the plastic dye was in spray bottles... damnit i can't remember the name... but that shit soaks in somehow... i scraped at a piece with a nail for a while and no flaking or chipping at all...

this time it's going into a half million dollar paint booth with downdraft vents... 4 coats of base, 4 coats of white pearl, 5 coats of clear..... (yeah staying same yellow to match the interior)

and... yeah, maybe by the time i get my car back my wheels will have arrived :D

X

·
0 Posts
Mate that interiour is awesom car is gonna look unreal when the paint job is done

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
sucks you have to repaint it! but worth the couple things you will had or remove!:D I removed my antenna too.

Can't wait to see it with the new wheels!;)

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hehe... and i just replied to your post in the "other" forum hehehe...

oh and thanks all so far, for the comments... this positive reaction is a big help on my morality for this project hehehe... i can't wait... once it's painted and i got the wheels in... all i've got left to do is the fiberglassed system/air ride in the trunk....

and then... i'm taking a break to refill my funds before diving into the engine :D

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
Acroth said:
ang... yeah... paid $4500 for the first paintjob....that last guy said he put 4 coats of base, and 5 coats of clear.... the shop my car is in now, had a paint pro come out and measure how many coats of paint where on the car.... there were 3..... total.... so no wonder when it was cut/buffed it started to show black sealer through....

um... the plastic dye was in spray bottles... damnit i can't remember the name... but that shit soaks in somehow... i scraped at a piece with a nail for a while and no flaking or chipping at all...

this time it's going into a half million dollar paint booth with downdraft vents... 4 coats of base, 4 coats of white pearl, 5 coats of clear..... (yeah staying same yellow to match the interior)

and... yeah, maybe by the time i get my car back my wheels will have arrived :D
Sounds good, can you by chance see what kind of spray they are? i got some black vinyl and leather spray and it peels off too easily :(...

Good work on the car, its lookin great!

·
JDMSoopraDriftoMachine!!1
925 Posts
omg wingless supras are the coolest. esp widebody, it looks soooo wide without any crappy fiberglass making the car look taller.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts