Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i was coming home and my 7mgte in my 89 MK3 with a r-154 started knocking had plenty of oil but not sure yet what happened was wondering what the prices would be on a 1JZ complete swap if i already have the r-154 or if it would be worth it to build the 7m.

·
still dreamin.....
1,159 Posts
you gotta figure out whats wrong with the 7m...a jz series swap is over 3k reguardless...soo either way just figure out what your problem is.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so if i put a new oil pump on it might go away? If its the oil pump is it actually a rod knocking or the pump

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,956 Posts
Rod knock won't just go away....If it is rod knock and it were me I'd go 7m. Problem is that when you rebuild you must realize what your true power goals are. Anything over 450rwhp needs to be managed via standalone. People have done ok with a piggy back, but it is not the optimum way to run boost. Eagle rods, wiseco pistons kings berings, new shimmed oil pump block bore clean up pistons of your choice, rebuilt head with new springs, is all that you will need for a good block including arp bottom end, and top end bolts.
Don't get cheap pistons, and rings and expect to last forever with out a good tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts