Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read people having verying gas quality/octane levels at different pumps when buying 93 at each of them... which gas station would be most reliable and consistant when it comes to buying pump gas.... my options where I live are shell... hess.. site.. citgo... couple others... When I go Na-T i dont wanna be retuning after each pump. =/

R

·
0 Posts
I seem to get the best mileage and performance with 93 from 7/11. I always get it from the same one. Shell is good gas but I don't get as good as mileage. Mobil and Exxon are the median gas. Chevron being the best.

Ryan

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does Hess fit into all that? i got 3 hess stations within 3 miles of me.

R

·
0 Posts
Never heard of Hess. Only Shell, Citgo, Chevron, Mobil/Exxon and QT in my area. We have Sunoco race gas all over DFW though. I've got a friend who's dad gets barrels of race gas for cheap. :)

Ryan

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe, nice =) only race fuel i can get is leaded, someone told me after 99 octane its only leaded anyway? leaded will rape my o2's.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sunoco GT 100 race gas is 100 octane. It is unleaded and contains no metallic compounds to hurt O2 sensors , catalytic converters etc. Every once in a while when the money is there I buy about $ 40.00 worth. Supra just loves it !!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've had really good luck with Amoco (i think BP recently bought them out) and Philips 66. Had a bad tank of gas at a Cite station and got crappy power and 14mpg for 2 tanks until i ran a bottle of fuel system cleaner through on the 3rd.

We've also got Chevron, Citgo and the usual odd assortment of kwik trip brands.

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
No Chevron in Chicago :(
So it's Shell or BP

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
what about SUNOCO ULTRA 94?

my 2JZ-GE seems to like that...:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have been using sunoco 94 in my car also and it seems to make it run better. Its just a little smoother and more consistent between tanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since you were discussing racing fuel types you can get a look at some racing fuel specification ratings. Just search for "Racing Fuel Specifications", and go to the "Grape Ape Home Page". Sunoco may be a cheaper gas, but the motor and research octane ratings aren't very close which makes the fuel less stable. But I guess you could say, "Big Deal". I'd rather have any race gas than cheap pump fuel especially if you wanted to push the car.
I'm from the freezing North right now. It got to about 2 below last night. So I can't enjoy driving my car. I was Texas this spring as well as last year. And the one nice thing I noticed is that the Service Stations do carry 93 octane. Up here 99% of the stations only have 91 octane. So I add a little 100 unleaded, but will add some 110 VP Racing Fuel. Your right, it is not good for the 02 sensor. But if the car is running too lean or rich I will clean the sensor or if it comes down to it, I will replace it. But so far I haven't hadn't any problem. Of course I only have one sensor since I upgraded to a turbo last year. I actually went to PHR Racing in Haslet, TX. Jarret did say one thing to me when I first brought my car down. He said that adding a higher octane fuel to a naturally aspirated car will actually have the opposite effect on power. Slower burning fuel (higher RON) produces less HP by unit, unless you upgrade and have boost. Of course, some of my friends around here disagree. They swear they noticed a nice job in HP when they put a few gallons in during the summer races.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It was mentioned on 11/2/03. I thought I would share some of my experience with the types of gas I used and also what I only have access too. Sorry it bothered you.

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
1. Amoco
2. BP
3. Chevron
4. Texaco
5. Exxon/Mobile

All good gasolines that perform great. Amoco's my favorite. Runs smoother for some reason, and yes, power is good too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts