Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search isnt working, so I was wondering what was the most power anyone has made on a budget kit. Just trying to see what the most power someone has pushed through the stock manifold.

Lawrence

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
A budget kit is always with a single I guess..;)
In my understanding it is a small turbo with the OE header.
Gerd

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
I put down 6xx unlocked with the SP budget kit ~3 years ago. I am running a SP67GT, 4k stall, SP tranny, AEM, fuel, etc. I would have to back track and find the exact #.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DakaDan said:
I put down 6xx unlocked with the SP budget kit ~3 years ago. I am running a SP67GT, 4k stall, SP tranny, AEM, fuel, etc. I would have to back track and find the exact #.
Thanks for the info, Do you remember what the boost this was at? Was this the limit of the turbo or manifold?

Lawrence

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Boost was 30 psi. I am sure I could get another 2-4 psi out of the turbo if I really wanted to.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
I found this old thread when I first had my single installed. Since that installed I dumped the VPC/GCC and went AEM

Budget kit

So at 27 psi I put down 617, I know Larry dynoed my car with the AEM at 30 psi. I have to see if I can the a post about it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
93 twintrbo said:
The search isnt working, so I was wondering what was the most power anyone has made on a budget kit. Just trying to see what the most power someone has pushed through the stock manifold.

Lawrence
The highest I remember on a cast manifold was from Andi; using a 67MM with a .68 housing he put down 678 whp at 28.4 lbs.

Bob G.

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
93 twintrbo said:
What I am trying to determine is how much can someone push out of the stock manifold.

Lawrence
Looks like over 600, I believe Stu Hagen flow benched it and it wasn't too restrictive up to that level.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts