Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Fellow Supra owners

After rummaging through the Net and stuff.. I came to the conclusion that there is no website that showcases powerful mk3's the mkiv's have TO4R

I was thinking that a minimum of maybe 450 and up in the crack should be the requirement, Must be backed by a DYNO sheet (no hearsay) the car should look good inside and out. the car must represent the best of the mk3's...

The car could be any mk3 or 7mgte'd powered vehicle. the cars must look good internally and externally...

I know that we need something like this so what do you say ERIN, MELLO, SUPRADEAN ETC....

I still have to figure out how much it will cost to make a site a like this and if there wil be participants... ( I hope it doesn't cost too much)

what do you guys think...

ALSO MODERATOR/AMORAK CAN I please get a STICKY!!!

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
well everything is almost done. I went with a T61 sp tweaked BB unit and want to give SPECIAL thanks to larry...he is a busy bastard but still finds time to help out everybody....
im not gonna push any buttons but i plan on beoing well over 555 rwhp..my finger got stuck on the 5 button
we will c at the east coast meet

·
will code for parts
668 Posts
No, it wouldn't cost too much to do this at all.

I could probably throw up a nice database-driven site this evening on my server if anyone's really interested :)

·
664 rwhp / 590 rwtqe
1,868 Posts
This has come up in the past. Will suggested a 500+ hp club. We'll have to wait for the summer, seeing how most people's cars with big turbo setups arent done yet.

Good luck getting that sticky from AMORAK, if he even reads this...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the reason why i was thinking 450ish is because that is almost double our stock hp.. if you look at to4r.com their requirment is 700hp which is basically a little bit over twice the stock hp..

would you guys be intersted in registry liek this??

One can only be added to the site if you havea nice looking car no beaters with great engines... and you have the dyno to prove it...

:) This site will take a few months to build.... so we are in no hurry to do this hap hazardly..

also...

sticky sticky sticky

·
Registered
154 Posts
if the site is 400+hp, im all for it. but, more than that is almost ridiculous. a 400hp car is very worthy, and damn fast. let me know when this site is going through.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
im hoping to be around 450 rwhp around xmas, early spring. i want to paint the car in the winter, ill be working on the interior this summer when i put the stereo in.

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
would you be accepting 1JZers? i plan on hunting one out this summer and dropping it in before i head off to school. but even still, a registry like that would be awesome. you've got my vote (but i am nowhere near 450, so i will just watch and admire for now). thanks

-J

·
Banned
909 Posts
What about the possiblity of the mkii's then? I mean I've got a 85 Celica, that I'm droping the 22r-te into, and I'm gonna make some HP one day.

I think another site devoted to strickly one gen of car is cool, but what about multigeneraltional of the Celica/Supra. Make the HP regirments based on the drivetrain and the year of the car in question.

my $0.02

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is a consensus that has to be taken, 1jz's would be accpeted only if tehy are make 450 hp too... but they would probably be an honorary member.. but with 1jz i believ that hp requiremnts hould be bumped up to 550hp, since it's easier to get more hp form them.. that's my 2cents on this project..

also your car must look good, inside and out... no ricey crap please.... :)

Only the best will be recognized :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NavyCuda said:
What about the possiblity of the mkii's then? I mean I've got a 85 Celica, that I'm droping the 22r-te into, and I'm gonna make some HP one day.

I think another site devoted to strickly one gen of car is cool, but what about multigeneraltional of the Celica/Supra. Make the HP regirments based on the drivetrain and the year of the car in question.

my $0.02
navy.. i dont want to get too broad on the subject, i want to keep this to an mk3 site foremost. i dotn wnat to be mean but that is what i want to plan.. the vehicle should at least eb powered by at lest a 7mgte motor... 7mgte powered mk2 should be allowed but they are considered as an honorary members..

what do you guys think..

i am also thinking that the car should be street driven and not trailer queens or full race cars. it should be cars that can be driven on the street..

opinions... :)

again sticky please..

N

·
0 Posts
Sign me up.....I'll throw on a 350 shot for just one dyno run in my '90 n/a......do I get in then?(assuming the car is still in one peice):fawk:

1 - 20 of 166 Posts