Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the BL 4" exhaust here in Cali and am getting pulled over even when just driving at 3,000 RPM now, so I am looking to get a quieter exhaust but don't want it to be silent.

Does anyone know which 4" will be fairly quiet but still sound throaty at cruise speeds and especially when gettin on it?

Thanks

· Is it turbo? Is it stick?
5,315 Posts
4" exhausts arent 'quiet' but some are deeper than others. The HKS Ti has a nice deep sound, not as in your face as some others I've heard.
If you're concerned about volume though, go down to something like a HKS Super Drager or similar...

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Ya I have a Super Dragger and it has a nice low tone at ideal... Very deep... At WOT it opens up and roars... I am looking at getting a BL 3 or 4 inch being that we don't really have that problem down here... If you are interested maybe we can work something out... My exhaust only has around 8-10K

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
Apexi GTspec or HKS Super Dragger. both are 3.75 so not that much smaller

· Banned
3,376 Posts
silencers sound gay...

· Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the responses! I can't run a silencer becasue I need to quiet it down permanently since I don't want a ref ticket and have heard that you can't bosst past 15 with a silencer. I also am not looking for a "quiet" exhaust just one that is quite a bit less loud and noticible at all times like the BL that I currently have.

· Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ya I have a Super Dragger and it has a nice low tone at ideal... Very deep... At WOT it opens up and roars... I am looking at getting a BL 3 or 4 inch being that we don't really have that problem down here... If you are interested maybe we can work something out... My exhaust only has around 8-10K
I might be interested in a trade, do you have a video or sound clip of your car with the HKS from outside the car? That is what I need to be able to determine if I would be happy with that exhaust. also, is your car a single or TT? I would preferably want to hear a video of a single with this exhaust

Thanks

· Registered
7,464 Posts

· Glad to be back
3,478 Posts
Apexi GTspec or HKS Super Dragger. both are 3.75 so not that much smaller
+1 I have the Apexi GT spec and its pretty quite.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
I might be interested in a trade, do you have a video or sound clip of your car with the HKS from outside the car? That is what I need to be able to determine if I would be happy with that exhaust. also, is your car a single or TT? I would preferably want to hear a video of a single with this exhaust

Thanks
There are many videos on youtube... When I get home I will try to make you a vid if you still want one...

· Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are many videos on youtube... When I get home I will try to make you a vid if you still want one...
Thanks, but I noticed that you are a TT right? I have seen videos with that on TT's but was wondering if there were any singles with this exhasut as it sounds a bit different.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Thanks, but I noticed that you are a TT right? I have seen videos with that on TT's but was wondering if there were any singles with this exhasut as it sounds a bit different.
Will search around for you...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.