Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its fixing to kick off real soon again.
Is Marquez gonna dominate the season again or can some make it a real title chase?

·
753 Posts
As much as i would like to see Rossi make a comeback, i don't think he has it in him to push for the top anymore. Marquez will be dominant again.

Artur

·
Boost Junkie
12,365 Posts
I hope one of the new guys steps up. GUess we'll have to wait and see. Already looking forward to the Indy race in August.

Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Everyone is expecting that the Ducatis are gonna flop. But Dovi can go the distance in a race and their ill Qatar times are with hard tires and spec gas amounts. Seamless gearboxes in the M1s are gonna make a difference too.

As for Rossi, he is willing to learn new ways to ride to compete. Not riding his nut, but he has another championship (shot) in him this season.

·
651 Posts
I am not of the belief the Ducati's are going to "flop" this season... the new bikes are smaller, easier to ride and handle much better than the GP14 Desmo. They have finally corrected the terrible understeer problem of the GP14 bikes. Dovi calls the bike "fast" and "normal"... which is an interesting comparison to last years bikes.

Ducati is also aided by the rules.. they use a softer compound tire and their class allows for more mid season tweaking of the bike. In the Qatar test, the two Andreas dominated the testing with only Marquez barely topping the two Ducati's. Honestly, the Ducati's smoked everyone in testing.

The rules state they lose the softer tire advantage if they win three races this year.. that's an interesting "what if".. I'm not of the belief they will win many races but, the way it looks on paper and from testing.. the competition is a little more equal to the usual four with Ducati on the new bikes.

Plus, Dovi is fast and smart.. he did surprisingly well last year with a bike which was an absolute beast to ride. Now that he is on this new bike, I don't see Ducati "flopping" at all this season.

Of course, we will see. If any of you guys are here in Austin for the race, hit me up.. this is my town. I got ya covered.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thomas, come on out to our Austin Shop (AF1 Racing 304 E Cesar Chavez) we are having our annual Moto GP party from 7-10pm on April 10th. We’ll be picking up the RSV4 RF & Tuono 1100 Factory from COTA and bringing them to our event. REV'it will be bringing out some race suits, etc. Deep Eddys Vodka will be there and we'll have beer as well.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope just 75% of the races are like this one the rest of the year.
I think COTA will be a Honda vs Ducati battle though.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Unbelievable race. Extremely excited to see Vale still at the top of his game, happy to see Ducati securing the remaining two podiums, and amazed at the "Worst-to-5th" show starring MM93.

We're in for one hell of a season!!!

·
651 Posts
Anyone still think the Ducati's are going to "flop" this season?? It was almost comical how fast they are on the straight at Losail. Props to Rossi for winning that race. He simply out rode the two Andrea's on what I believe to be an inferior bike to the Ducati's. Easily one of the best Motogp races I've seen since the Stoner era. It will be ridiculous what speed the Ducati's will attain on the 1.25 mile back straight at COTA. Can't wait for them to get to town.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got lucky today
Mother Nature allowed for some good practice and qualifying
Fingers crossed for tomorrow but.........................

·
Registered
59 Posts
i still think MM93 will take the crown this year but its gonna be a LOT harder fight than last year. im calling rossi 2nd and lorenzo or dovi 3rd

·
From the land down under
3,637 Posts
Anybody who thought the old dog had lost his mojo is eating their words right now.

That was one of the best fight backs from Rossi, and as unfortunate as it was for MM to come off his bike, thats what happens when you try and make it a contact sport. Im sure he is ruing his decision now.

This year is going to be the best in years, and thats really saying somethign given how exciting MotoGP already was.

Roll on the next race and another win for #46 :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree it was unfortunate what happened to MM. I was very curious how he was going to act, I assumed he was going to place alot of blame on rossi but he didnt. I don't dislike him, but I did gain some respect for him after seeing what he said about it.

Still though, he knew that rossi was pushing and he admitted that he would not have been able to keep up the pace once rossi caught up to him. So why did he push to pass rossi so quickly? I understand everyone wants to win but he didn't have the grip that rossi had and he knew that. he rolled the dice on tire compound and it didn't quite pay off in the end. Shit happens, but he could have coasted and got 2nd place, at least it would be some championship points.

I have always been a Yamaha fan and I'm hoping Jorge can find his mojo and get back in the fight. I miss seeing some of his great battles, and I know it kills him seeing rossi doing so well.

·
Boost Junkie
12,365 Posts
MM got greedy. He would have had 2nd and been 1st in points after that race. It wasn't his best decision.

Steve K.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts