Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
engine- and tranny mounts

currently I have the phr engine mounts on my car. they are not too bad, but the car has at idle to much vibration. I'm searching for some harder stuff than the trd engine mounts. any idea where I get some? perhaps the automatic tranny mounts too?
thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: engine- and tranny mounts

Anything harder will cause more vibration. If you really feel the need for mounts go with the TRD or go back to stock.. Same thing with the tranny stay stock or go TRD. I've never experienced the TRD myself but I have heard they are what they are. meaning, an upgrradeo ver stock butn ot much more. My friend has both the tranny and motor mounts by trd. No complaints, but yet no words of wisdom.. All depends on how far you wanna go with the car..

badtoy said:
currently I have the phr engine mounts on my car. they are not too bad, but the car has at idle to much vibration. I'm searching for some harder stuff than the trd engine mounts. any idea where I get some? perhaps the automatic tranny mounts too?
thanks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't know if this will help, i only have the stock motor mounts but in the dsm camp, what we do is use the stock motor mounts and when those crack we get something at home depot called liquid polyurathane(not really sure of what it's called...been awhile) and we would squeze the stuff into the motor mounts and let it set for 24 hrs. i have those in my dsm and the motor doesn't seem to move and vibration is not an issue. Don't really know if this will work for supras cause i never even looked at the motor mounts for it (i'm still stock) but it works great for dsms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts