Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i'm in the process of fully building my motor right now and when its all done i will be on a fully built block and a stock rebuilt head with a 3 angle vavle job and some porting done.
i have two ct26's that i wanna save for a later on project that im gonna try and complete.
so this brings me to my questions.

1) i wanna make 450whp for a daily driver and dunno what turbo to go.
i dont want to do any bolt on unless i find a good priced one.
which turbo would you use??
-t3/t4 57 trim .68a/r or t4 60 trim and .68 a/r ?????

2)how hard is it to put the mk4 550's on our motor/fuel rail????

3)which would be better, walbro 255ih or sc400 fuel pump?? and which is easier to put in???

if anyone can recomend what to do and not to do to help me out that would be great thank you.
-sean (alpinesupra)

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
ALPINSUPRA said:
ok i'm in the process of fully building my motor right now and when its all done i will be on a fully built block and a stock rebuilt head with a 3 angle vavle job and some porting done.
i have two ct26's that i wanna save for a later on project that im gonna try and complete.
so this brings me to my questions.

1) i wanna make 450whp for a daily driver and dunno what turbo to go.
i dont want to do any bolt on unless i find a good priced one.
which turbo would you use??
-t3/t4 57 trim .68a/r or t4 60 trim and .68 a/r ?????

2)how hard is it to put the mk4 550's on our motor/fuel rail????

3)which would be better, walbro 255ih or sc400 fuel pump?? and which is easier to put in???

if anyone can recomend what to do and not to do to help me out that would be great thank you.
-sean (alpinesupra)
Mk4 550's are side feed, not top feed, so they're pretty much impossible to put on. Just go with a walbro 255, you can get them for 100 bucks with an install kit.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I have to agree there. Piecing together a turbo kit is no small task, it requires a good amount of skill, fabrication, patience and money. An upgraded CT will get you to a good point, or you can go the route of an SP61 or BOSS550, both of which are great options for something simple and effective. If you're dead set on an aftermarket turbo, an SP57 or a full 60-1 should get you to your goal, I wouldn't even screw with a t3/t4.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
the walbro is going to be the better bet as it actually outflows the TT at the upper end of things. there was a link to it in the MK4 section.

as for turbo selection im with zach and the bolt on turbo option can make the numbers you are looking for. the SP61GTDBB will be great when it comes out in the next few months and theres always malloyx making in the mid 500s with the BOSS550. jons turbo is a modified t3/t4 turbo and itsbeen great so far! holler at me when ya get a chance then and well talk some more :)

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks zach and joe for the input, i already have pretty much all the t3/t4 parts that i need to use.
a friend has his kit off of his old turboed teg that got wrecked, he would sell me the turbo and tial 38mm waste gate for about 450ish so ill need to do is make my dp and get the addapter for the turbo or weld on a flange to the stock manifold and then get some oil feed lines ect ect. which none of the welding will cost me a dam thing and isnt that hard to do.

i cant state the reason i dont want to upgrade either one of my ct26's i have, yall will just have to wait about another year or so to find out what ive got in plan, and not to mention the 60+ trim ct26 turbos dont last very long.

if i find a used bolt on turbo on the forums here that still runs and is in good shape then ill go that route.

thanks for the input though guys.
-sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts