Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So I have an issue with my MK3. Since the day I bought it the engine has always sat crooked. It always leaned towards the passenger side of the car.

So I thought maybe I had a loose motor mount. I jack the car up using the oil pan and a block of wood.

I can move the engine left and right freely. Is this normal?? Like I can tilt it and it will move like a see-saw.

The motor mounts are bolted in HARD!!! but it has play at the top. Doesnt the stock mk3 motor mount have a bolt going right through it from the top to the bottom. How can there be play? Also both bolts are really tight

See Photo

Attachments

·
Slow MK3
3,160 Posts
You need new motor mounts, get the 98 Mount Mounts and cut the small nipples off it and you're good. Solid Great Motor Mounts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!

But unfortunately I already ordered 1 new stock motor mount. Thinking i wasnt gonna need it I was going to send it back. Looks like Im going to need 2.

·
Slow MK3
3,160 Posts
Thanks!!

But unfortunately I already ordered 1 new stock motor mount. Thinking i wasnt gonna need it I was going to send it back. Looks like Im going to need 2.
Replace both at the same time and be done with it.

Best investment

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Solid engine mounts are available in Canada for cheaper, but I would recommend to ask if they have any semi-solid 89+ engine mounts because the solid mounts cause a lot of vibration throughout the car. I don't understand why they wouldn't make any. Worth the try:

http://www.bicperformance.com/products.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts