Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, ever since i started running dexcool my car never seems to warm up. yesterday i let it run for 1/2 an hour and the temp guage only went up 2 bars. After driving it around (stop and go thru the neiborhood)for 20 minutes the guage finally went up about a 1/4 of the way which is about as high as it gets now no matter how long you drive it. PLUS the coolant temp switch's resistance won't drop below 1K which is making the car idle at 1200RPM. I'm running about 60/40 water/coolant and i'm replacing the coolant switch and checking the thermostat this morning. the temp sending unit for the guage is new but the wire is spliced(don't now if that would make it read differently or not). i have no codes coming up and the car idles to 650RPM when i unplug the CTS

If the coolant temp switch is good what else beside the dexcool would make the car act this way?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
weird, my cooling sucked ass with dex cool.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Why would you intentionally put dexcrud in your car?

It is probably the thermostat, wiring splice, or that the sender has a huge air bubble under it.

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
I used to run my soop with no thermostat and it reached optimal running temp, but it just took a longer time.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
wow i cant believe guys run with no t-stat....if the coolant isnt absorbing the heat what is? YOUR HEAD! t-stat is there for a reason, stoic4now, your t-stat is most likely stuck open, change it and your motor will thank you.

adam

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright heres an update; i checked the
T-stat..OK
coolant temp sending unit replaced W/ good one.
i re set the computer let the car warm up still had the same problem. but for what ever reason when i unscrewed the mixture screw on the throttlebody almost all the way out and then screwing it all the way back in and allowing the engine to stall i then turned the screw back out 1.5 times, started the car and it ran fine, idled at 700Rpm. this morning i drove it for about 30 minutes and it idled between 750-800 rpm. i don't know if thats good or not cause it hasn't run right before now. oh well; at least its not at 1200 any more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts