Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am planning on buying this motor that this guy built and he wants me to make an offer on it..he will not give me a price, so i need help on determining what price i should offer.

it is a Aristo JDM 2JZGTE
about 2K to 3K miles on it
It's non VVTi, has a cast Toyomoto single turbo manifold, and a T61 with 0.69 A/R
(never dyno'd but estimated to have 700-800rwhp)

Short Block Buildup

• Decked & trued (one corner was approx 0.008” high)
    Bored .020 over for JE forged pistons & JE rings
    Piston crowns heat shield coated, and skirts oil retentive coated
    Pistons & rods individually balanced to 0.5 gram, then matched & rebalanced to 0.5 gram
    Clevite “H” rod bearings, oil retentive coated
    Clevite main journal bearings, oil retentive coated
    ARP studs on mains & ARP bolts on rods
    Oil pump modified, internally coated, and Mocal prelube system added
    OEM oil cooler & thermostat removed & replaced by Mocal thermostat/sandwich adaptor
    Long TruCool plate & frame oil cooler in driver side brake duct
    Oil shed coating on oil pans

JDM Head (no EGR)

• Ported and flowed by Faerman Racing Engines
    Manley SS valves, springs & titanium retainers
    HKS 256/264 camshafts
    Toyota MLS head gasket
    ARP undercut studs & nuts
    JUN adjustable cam gears

Cooling System

• PWR Radiator
    SPAL 16” Electric Fan (thermostatically controlled by AEM)
    TRD 165 degree Thermostat

Fuel & Ignition system

• 850cc Blitz injectors (cleaned & flow tested by RC Engineering)
    TWM Induction Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Modified stock rail (dual -6AN end feeds, center -6AN return, heat shield coated)
    OEM fuel pump with Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump (AEM PWM controlled from 9v to 16v)
    OEM coil on plug ignition system with HKS Twin Power DLI booster module

Intake, Turbo & Exhaust

• 4” intake with K&N cone filter
    Garrett T61 turbocharger with 0.69 A/R turbine housing & BoostLogic exhaust blanket
    Turbonetics Racegate, 9# spring, with Apex’i solenoid valve (AEM controlled)
    HKS type S Front Mounted Intercooler
    HKS SSQ Blow Off Valve
    HKS TRAC removal kit on TB
    Intake manifold Teflon coated internally and heat shield coated externally
    Toyomoto cast exhaust manifold, wastegate flange ported to match Racegate. Internally smoothed & relieved. Heat shield coated internally & externally
    3 ½” custom downpipe & SS flex by Performance Motorsports, heat shield coated

this is the list that gave me of all his costs overall

JDM Engine Buildup...........Parts.................Labor..........................Total
Original Motor cost..............$2000...................$0...........................$2000
PolyDyn Coating..................$436....................$0............................$436
ShortBlock.........................$1115..................$1040......................$2155
Head.................................$1920..................$2475......................$4395
Fuel..................................$1849...................$175........................$2024
Ignition.............................$601....................$0............................$601
ECU & Sensors....................$2372..................$0............................$2372
Turbo...............................$3015.................$0............................$3015
Misc Parts.........................$2806.................$0.............................$2806
TOTAL..........................$16114..................$3690........................$19804

i have a FULL list of all parts/work that has gone into this engine in pdf. and xls. form if anyone would like to look at it because what i have listed isnt everything that has been done to it

hope someone can give me an educated guess on what to offer.

thanks,
Heath

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
sounds like a killer motor - is it someone you know and trust?

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i fully trust him. ive done business with him before and he is very nice and honest..his car was also an N/A before and he did a full TT swap, and Chris at boostlogic did the whole swap for him plus alot of the engine work, so yes..i trust him and chris to ensure me that this motor is what they say it is

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
yeah, sounds unreasonable, as does a TT FP at 16V (or 24 for that matter) running enough fuel to make that power.

teflon coated mani interior? to what end? You cooking eggs in that bitch?

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
98mkiv said:
yeah, sounds unreasonable, as does a TT FP at 16V (or 24 for that matter) running enough fuel to make that power.

teflon coated mani interior? to what end? You cooking eggs in that bitch?
haha i dont know what he did that for..

so how unreasonable is the T61 w/ cast manifold? is it just completly not possible with that amount of HP?

so what is a reasonable price to offer this guy?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
x95SupraNAx said:
haha i dont know what he did that for..

so how unreasonable is the T61 w/ cast manifold? is it just completly not possible with that amount of HP?

so what is a reasonable price to offer this guy?
I just got a PHR Stg1 which I'm putting on a ported cast manifold (mod for larger 60mm WG) and I expect to get low 600whp range in the high 20psi boost range. That is about the limit I'd say on that turbo.

This is a pretty reliable comparison of turbos: http://moreboost.org/turbos.htm

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nick 95 6sp said:
I just got a PHR Stg1 which I'm putting on a ported cast manifold (mod for larger 60mm WG) and I expect to get low 600whp range in the high 20psi boost range. That is about the limit I'd say on that turbo.

This is a pretty reliable comparison of turbos: http://moreboost.org/turbos.htm
thanks for that link, it was helpful..
i guess estimating HP is hard when only driving the car..the owner of the car that this motor came from said it "felt" like a 700-800rwhp car since he has drivin many turbo supras.

its just hard knowing what im getting right now because he is out of the country for a few months so i am not able to check it out in person yet and i WILL NOT be buying it until i see it in person and get to drive the car before the motor is pulled.

i just need to know what to offer price wise so i can set aside that cash over the next few months until he arrives back here in town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts