·
Registered
3,727 Posts
:lol:

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Not hard at all!
:rofl: Sarcasm like a motherfucker! Dude check out the 1JZ/2JZ section. Swapping in the 2JZ is going to be an EXPENSIVE and labor intensive endeavour. Swapping a 7MGTE is much easier than that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn dont wanna do that then the motor right now has 149000 miles on it would it be alright to just throw i turbo on it

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Some people choose to swap over the turbo parts from the 7MGTE and use the turbo electronics. I'd rather just go with the entire swap, which is what I did. The engines have different compression ratios and I think the timing is different also, so from what I have read, you CAN just swap over the turbo stuff, but I wouldn't run more than stock boost on it.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
:lol: i didnt consider it hard but for people that havent read into it to much it can be a PITA! read up my friend, soak up alot of info

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
alright well i just gonna do the whole swap then with the 7mgte
Well don't do it based solely on just what I have said. I am not entirely savvy on the swaps, but I KNOW that the 7M swap will be the easiest. You also have the option of the 1JZ which I wouldn't think would be terribly hard if you can get a front clip. Just need the harness extended, due to the harness being for a RHD car. I think you will need some other minor things depending on the transmission for that also. But I know people that have been involved with a 2JZ swap and the wiring is what causes most of the headache. And I think you need to cut into the engine bay to fit the stock twin turbos. Ultimately it depends on your goals and more importantly, your budget. Good luck.

-Alex

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
I didnt have to cut into the engine bay for the twiny twin twins. Just had to do some minor wiring into the body harness and such!

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
where should i purchased tthe 7mgte at
You may be able to find one at a junk yard. I got mine from a friend on the forums, and you may be able to find one from someone else here also... granted you can purchase one when you get your post count up. Anywho, there are plenty of JDM engine places that you can search for on the net that sell them. Also if your car is manual, just purchase a new harness from one of the sponsor dealerships. And purchasing a JDM engine is kinda a gamble just like purchasing any used engine. I had no problems with mine (7MGE) but that could be different with the turbo versions. It would be wise to simply purchase one and rebuild it while it is out of the car.

·
UT OH !!!
834 Posts
alright well i just gonna do the whole swap then with the 7mgte
Actually do some research. It will help you make a better decision. I needed a new motor and i just went into wanting a 1jz. I said i was going to get it and swap it in. Guess what, my JDM 7mgte is coming on monday. Read the 1jz/2jz swap forum and read up on the 7mgte. Then make your decision. Dont rush into things, they will most likely not work out, unless you put time and effort into them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
igot a 7mge from engine world for 5 hundie delivered 40 to 60 thou on it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually do some research. It will help you make a better decision. I needed a new motor and i just went into wanting a 1jz. I said i was going to get it and swap it in. Guess what, my JDM 7mgte is coming on monday. Read the 1jz/2jz swap forum and read up on the 7mgte. Then make your decision. Dont rush into things, they will most likely not work out, unless you put time and effort into them.
yea i first wanted the 7mgte then i saw how much horsepower the 2jz had an i was like damn thats what i want but thats a whole lot of money for that motor but i think i am goin to go with the 7mgte cause there good motors and cheaper than the 2jz anyway

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Not hard at all!
This made me bust out a bit here nice one Justin!
eric

ps. yeah the 7m is a good motor, just take care of it! Nobody does and they always die and then get the bum's rap for being pieces of garbage!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts