6) BMW 335i
7) Honda S2000
8) MazdaSpeed 3
9) Corvette Z06
10) Honda Civic Si

·
[///M] Humdizzle
1,130 Posts
^ i think you guys are reading it wrong. Porsche is #1 and the civic was last.

this test has nothing to do with laptimes.. its pretty much how the car "feels" how much confidence it gives in the twisties, how easy it is to toss around, and its overall road manners at the limit.

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
nah jus packman is reading it wrong lol. im jus sayin the MS3 is a beast for what you pay/it's actual performance

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
don't have it but here's your top 10:

1) Porsche 911 GT3
2) Porsche Cayman S
3) Lotus Exige
4) Mitsubishi EVO IX MR
5) Mini Cooper S JCWGP
6) BMW 335i
7) Honda S2000
8) MazdaSpeed 3
9) Corvette Z06
10) Honda Civic Si

This is sooo full of shit....If it has nothing to do with lap times this is a bogus article...There was another article with a bone stock C6 Z06 beating teh full track 997 GT3 even though the GT3 had slicks on and the Z had street tires....Not all mag articles are worth the ink they are printed in....

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is sooo full of shit....If it has nothing to do with lap times this is a bogus article...There was another article with a bone stock C6 Z06 beating teh full track 997 GT3 even though the GT3 had slicks on and the Z had street tires....Not all mag articles are worth the ink they are printed in....
I think a lot of it has to do with feel. I can attest that C6's sorely lack in that department.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
blah, blah, blah... Stupid magazine articles. How can a fwd Honda be the top ten in handling? The article must be broken down into categories or something.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I think a lot of it has to do with feel. I can attest that C6's sorely lack in that department.

I know what you mean...But at the end of the day Feel wont help ya when a Z06 with stock rubber is tearing a hole in your[not refering to you lol] german GT3 slicks equiped ass:) I find articles like these pointless but entertaining....Only thing I care about is track results....Z06 deffinately have some handling issues but rating it just above a Civic is blasphemous in the very least:hahano:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I guess I have to buy the mag now. Looking at the cars on the list, I can somewhat understand the results. Track times and diver input/feel is very different. They probably took into consideration the "Daily Driving" aspect. In which you could understand the ZO6 being closer to the bottom. And from what I've read about the 911 - it's very Daily Driver Friendly.

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
I guess I have to buy the mag now. Looking at the cars on the list, I can somewhat understand the results. Track times and diver input/feel is very different. They probably took into consideration the "Daily Driving" aspect. In which you could understand the ZO6 being closer to the bottom. And from what I've read about the 911 - it's very Daily Driver Friendly.
Quite the opposite. GT3 was the worst daily driver. I believe 335 won that catagory. The GT3 however was the fastest on the track. It beat the z06 by almost 1 second I believe.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts