Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all can prevent the engine from firing? can the fuel pump being out have anything to do with it? what are the main things that should be checked? already checked coil/ignitor checked all the fuses and relays...:scratch:

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Is your ECU getting power? You sure you tested ALL the fuses (engine bay AND driver side kick panel)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Don't know that much about mkiii. But I would check the crank sensor

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
What all can prevent the engine from firing? can the fuel pump being out have anything to do with it? what are the main things that should be checked? already checked coil/ignitor checked all the fuses and relays...:scratch:
The fuel pump is out ???
Gee, I wonder......
Well I was told by a few people that it didnt matter if it was out that's why I'm asking
Im with Sixpack on this one.... Are you kidding me? Your friends are idiots as well. Do you know what a fuel pump does? IT PUMPS FUEL! You cant gravity feed injectors. Maybe they told you that the injectors will open up and let the fuel in the cylinder because they said it will be so.
Nothing worse than one backyard mechanic that is clueless.... but a bunch of them together? Sounds like a prequel to a Darwin award.

So in short.... stop trying to start your car without a fuel pump installed.
Oh... its been a while since i have been able to use this. So guess what? You get to be the first one in many months.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you recently did any work on the engine verify that you have the ground connected from the engine harness to the intake manifold. This is one of the most forgotten culprits of a lot of novices rebuilds

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
can the fuel pump being out have anything to do with it?
If you recently did any work on the engine verify that you have the ground connected from the engine harness to the intake manifold. This is one of the most forgotten culprits of a lot of novices rebuilds
Seriously? Does anyone read what he says in the first post? He doesnt have his fuel pump installed. DUH :wtcslap: Maybe he should check his fuse for his nonexistent fuel pump :rofl:

This thread should be locked down so the would be helpers stop trying to diagnose his main problem... of NO FUEL PUMP! :lock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.