Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· J-Spec 4 Life
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm checking if anyone is near the Mountain View area of California. Myself and co-worker will be there next week for training and wanted to know if any supraforum members were in the area.

· J-Spec 4 Life
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be there from next Tuesday to Saturday morning. I'll be training at an Alvarion facility (don't remember exact location or name). Is there anything to do in that area? I know most places where companies hold training are in the middle of no where with little or nothing to do. I'm hoping atleast a cinema :).

· Registered
6,381 Posts
There is a Century 16 Cinema right off of Shoreline Rd. There's also a a nice pool house/ Indoor soccer/volleyball etc place in the same complex in the back and there used to be a Flight Simulator place a block away from it. You can always travle south on 101 and Exit Great America Pkway which and there is a lot of stores and eating places including a big cinema.
You may also want to check local listings to see what and who is performing at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

· Fatty McFatty pants
1,712 Posts
you can go to Castro street which is downtown Mt. View some decent restaraunts. some bars and such. The movie theater as Moe suggested as well. I think there is a billiard place near there as well. I'm not totally sure. Its been a while since I hung out around there.
I was gonna say, why are you pointing him to Castro then I read in Mt. view. LOL try castro in SF

· J-Spec 4 Life
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SUPRASTANGER507mgte - I'll check my flight to see exactly what time I arrive

gotpball44 - I'll check zip code when I reach work, I don' tknow if it's north or south cali

I'm only concerned as the last time I went to training - Plano Tx and Melbourne FL there wasn't much or anything to do. Granted it's only 4 days I'll be there but being stuck in training fromo 8-5 in a foreign place with nothing to do afterwards gets kinda dull after abuot 1 day :).

· Captain Cool
1,494 Posts
i live in mt. view,,,there really isnt much to do,,,there is the movie theatre and a laser tag next to it,,,castro street has a couple cool places to eat, and bars,,,my recommendations,,,Kapps (good place to hang out, watch the game, and good burgers),,,St Stephen's Green (pretty cool irish pub),,,monte carlo (latin club fri and sat night,,,sat night gets about 800-1000 people,,,i used to bartend there,,,,lotta latin sluts, i mean girls ;D),,,,shorline billairds is one of the nicer places to go to shoot pool,,,you need any more info PM me or email me,,,[email protected]

sev

· Captain Cool
1,494 Posts
well there is a mountain view in santa clara county (norcal), and one in san bernardino county (so cal),,,,i was talkin bout norcal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.