Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to mount the bumper w/o the support brace behind it?

because mine on the front and back are rusted really badly and they weigh a shit load so i was wondering if i can get them off can i still find a way to mount the bumpers correctly

BTW im not going to be running factory bumpers either im gonna do the Do-luck body kit

thanks,
mike

p.s. is there somewhere chepaer i could find a do-luck body kit for my 87 trubo? other than 1500 bucks?

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
I always like to toss out this thought when this topic comes out.... remember that if you get into an accident... it's that front bar that is protecting your engine... not to mention you.

Just a thought before removing it completely.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
what the hell? I thought that's what an intercooler was for...

:lol: HA :lol: HA :lol: HA :lol: HA :lol: HA :lol: HA !!

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
Yes it is possible, my front bumper is mounted that way.

Most newer cars come with plastic bumper supports anyway. Just cut and paste...lol

No, well, bolt up all the bolts that will, like the sides and along the top, then start making brackets around whatever made you toss the bumper support.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
merc_Cruiser said:
Is it possible to mount the bumper w/o the support brace behind it?

because mine on the front and back are rusted really badly and they weigh a shit load so i was wondering if i can get them off can i still find a way to mount the bumpers correctly

BTW im not going to be running factory bumpers either im gonna do the Do-luck body kit

thanks,
mike

p.s. is there somewhere chepaer i could find a do-luck body kit for my 87 trubo? other than 1500 bucks?
well if i get into an accident (knock on wood) ill prolly die any way b/c ill be going way to fast

oh btw the front support brace has rust holes big enough to stick my hand through so i dont think it would stop anything:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts