Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
who is Ronald Victor?

Does anyone know how to contact "Ronald Victor" the owner of the Supra on that site? How the hell did he make the gauge face using the stock font and get the boost "ticks" to correspond to what the A'pexi gauge is reading?

Can somone on this forum make the same gauge face?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Re: who is Ronald Victor?

TRDaddict said:
How the hell did he make the gauge face using the stock font and get the boost "ticks" to correspond to what the A'pexi gauge is reading?
I emailed Ron a while back about this...I plan to replicate what he did. He basically took the stock guage to a print shop and they recognized the Toyota font and were able to copy it onto a new guage face. A friend donated a mk3 guage cluster to me, so I should be able to start working on it soon.

I just need to find out where to take the guage face--I wonder if it can be silk screened?

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
That's me guys, the inside of the apexi gauge fit perfectly in there. I ran a vacuum line from the back of the gauge, thru the firewall and to the fitting where the stock pressure sender goes. Here's a picture of what I have left after the project. The first one on the left is just solid black plastic with white transfer numbers :D Then, the next one to the right didn't match the stock gauges, the light was bleeding thru the black and the white was dull. The one on the top right is exactly like the one installed now.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
jt2ma71 said:
The one on the top right is exactly like the one installed now.

Thanks for chiming in here Ron.

Do you want to sell me the top right one? If not, was it a print shop or silk screener that did this for you?

Looks really good!

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Silk screen. Well yes, you can have this one. I sent a couple of these a couple people a while back. Didn't even hear from them, don't know if they used them or not. I didn't think I had this when you asked me about it. Anyway, just send me a PM.

·
watercooled p-car freak
313 Posts
i took an autometer, small tach, couldnt remember what size, and put it directly into the dash.

took original gauge out and disconnected large white box going to boost gauge

cut clear plastic over gauge so its straight in between the oil and boost gauges.

kinda hacked and cut white plastic backing till gauge fit at an angle i wanted, and one of the two bolts on the back went through the factory mounting hole, the other side was cut to fit the gauge.
ran line and mounted back up, gauge fits right into the hole of the black backing and i soldiered the illumination wires to the board on the back of the cluster to make sure it made contact. Did have to cut backing alittle to clear new gauge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts