Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the dual flex-a-lot fans? How did you mount them? Surely you didn't put the nylon 'bolts' throught the radiator.. And the brackets don't seem to mount them tightly enough.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you want electric fans anyways? They cant flow as much as the stock fan.

take care,
nils

·
Registered
157 Posts
Slasher48 said:
Anyone have the dual flex-a-lot fans? How did you mount them? Surely you didn't put the nylon 'bolts' throught the radiator.. And the brackets don't seem to mount them tightly enough.
The flex a fan comes with mounting brackets and also 6 long plastic sticks. I used the sticks to poke through my radiator and it's holding fine. it's been 1 year since I have the fans and had no problems.

Well.... there was one problem and before you install your fan you should go out and purchase a better and stronger fuse holder. my fuse holder melted my fuse.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Supra178......How do you have your wired up? I would like mine to run all the time.or basically any time the key is turned over. I just need to know how exactly you have yours wired if ya don't mind.

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tony, I had my eletric fan on for about 1 year already. You need to run the red wire (thick one) through the firewall. Be careful when you are pulling the wire from the inside. make sure you don't scrape the outer shell of the wire. then you need a test light. Open up the panel on the left foot of the driver's side. there's a fuse box under there. have your ignition at on position then use the test light to find power.
Make sure you use a more durable fuse holder. The one that came with the fans are not that good.
When installed my fans, I had also changed my battery to the yellow top Optima. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts