Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6 speed pimp
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that when mounting new speakers such as 6.5 in the door a custom bracket needs to be made the screw the speaker into. What im wondering is with the tweeters if they can be mounted straight into the door panel or if they need something behind the panel to mount to. Thanks for any help.

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
that would probably depend upon the mounting rings that came with your components, which hopefully they came with...
mine came with two different types (I have Infinity Kappa 5 1/4" components) but I'm gonna put my tweets in the stock position.

·
6 speed pimp
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are the infinity reference 6.5 component set. the tweeters cmae with a flush moutn, surface mount and angeled surface mount option. i think the flush mount will work for putting it into the door panel but i'll just have to wait and see.
by the way supraman78 i heard its a ton of work to get new tweet in that stock location. good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i cut a hole in the door with a boxcutter, a touch too small for the speaker, then JAMMED the bastrd in there. Its not going anywhere, looks stock as a rock as well

T

·
0 Posts
You would be better off trying to mount them towards the top edge of the doors or in stock locations, as mounting them lower or behind the panel won't sound as good. It's all about creating a nice sound stage IMO.

The Hornet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts