Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RRev Motorsports
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am graduating in June and it looks like I am going to be moving to Indiana in July. I have been looking at Greenwood. Does anyone have any advice for entertainment/smog. I am 23, so a good bar scene would be a positive, and limited smog regulations would be good, as it would make getting my supra to Indiana easier.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Greenwood IN, Thats just south of Indianapolis right? I'm sure they have smog testing there. Not sure how strict. I'm in Louisvillle KY which is about 1.5 hrs south. We don't have any smog testing & have a great bar sceen. I'm sure Indy does also. Once you register the car you willl have to have it inspected. They will look for a cat but as exhaust goes inspectors aren't tempermental. My Apexi Dunk passed & so did a buddy of mine that has an Apexi GT spec. They also check normal stuff like break/Head lights & turn signals. I'm sure you won't have any problems.

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
What are emissions testing?

We have none in Evansville, IN down south. Run what you brung and no one cares. It is nice. Indy is a killer town. Plenty to do when you are a young buck like yourself.

Steve K.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Huh... someone graduating from College in Ca and moving to Indiana? It usually goes the other way around. :)

Indy has a decent bar scene... tons of sports bars, lots of hip-hop and such bars, a couple of small heavy metal and punk bars, and a pretty cool blues bar downtown. Don't know much about Greenwood, but its decent-sized... and it's right by Indianapolis. :)

I don't think Indiana has any emissions regulations to speak of. I've definitely never heard of smog testing... even when I transferred a car from Ohio to Indiana, the most inspection I got was a lady at the BMV coming out and making sure my VIN plate matched what I was registering. You have nothing to worry about there. :)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
We have NO smog testing at all. I live about 15 minutes from Greenwood as well.
I remember talking to your dad in TX, and hearing about your poor mom getting those tickets in one of your guys Supras :wtflol: . You have nothing to worry about here, trust me.
PM me when you get ready to move, and I'll try and show you around a little.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts