Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there fellow Supra owners. Newb to the forums here and I must say, I thought IS300.net had alot of information on it. This forum makes that one look like a beginner forum...hehe Both are very informative sites.

Anyways, heres the skinny.
Picked up an 88 MK3 N/A for $800. The engine isn't too good but can be fixed. Now, rather than waste money on rebuilding that engine I was thinkin on slaping a turbo motor in there. How hard would this be? Do I just need the ECU to match the year motor I install or will I need the wiring harness. IS it a simple drop or are there any custom fabrications that will need to be done. Also, I know the trannys are different from NA and Turbo models (NA=W58 Turbo=R154) I may run that W58 till it blows then get an R154. Eventually I plan on installing a 1JZ in this bad boy but wanted to run a turbo motor in the mean time to get my feet wet and learn a bit on turbo's. O and this will be my drift car.

Any info you guys can give me would be great. I will buy searching the forum as well but thought I would post this as well as introduce myself.

Happy boosting guys!

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
well, if it's going to be a drift car, might be a good idea to keep the 7m, more torque in the back then the 1J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts