Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those that may remember, I used to post as Dismay. Anyways, I have owned my 94 TT for a little over 6 years now. I am about to graduate college (2 weeks) and I got a job near Oxnard/Camarillo California. I guess I have had the luxury of living in TX and being full, cat-less BPU with no troubles but I guess that is all going to change.

I want to bring the car with me. I did a search and read that nothing that could interfer with any of the breathing can be altered, even the Intake? That kind of sucks since I will have to buy stock replacements. Luckily I still own my stock exhaust so i can bolt that back up along with the cat and take off the 3.5"DP, cat back, and APEXi N1 exhaust. Other than that stuff, is there anything I am forgetting?

I am starting my first full time job so I look forward to putting some money back into the car. College has forced me to keep it BPU for the past 5 years. It looks like I won't be going Single Turbo though, which is a bit dissapointing.

·
@llcoolgene
662 Posts
With the Legal PHR single turbo kit, i think that would be the best route to keep up with the emissions....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
- stock intake
- intercooler? IC is ok but hard pipes are theoretically not legal. most shops won't know or care.
- egr - absolutely need it to pass
- stock cats - they will check and you'll need them to pass
- no check engine lights
- no boost controller (you must disconnect for the smog test)
- stock BOV
- charcoal canister & all that crap
- TTC is technically illegal but i passed fine w/ it

- chuck

G

·
as long as everything is stock or carb legal you will have no problems. if you can try and keep it registered in texas for as long as you can.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Keep it registered in TX as long as possible. If you are a student, you aren't required to change your registration. Sign up for basket weaving once a year at the local JC and you can probably get around some (if any) police interaction and smog.

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
IGGYWOOWOO said:
Wow... someone from Austin moving to Cali instead of someone from Cali moving to Austin??? WTF? Good luck with the transition.

B
That's what I was thinking!! At least when I left Austin, I didn't end up in a smog-nazi state!!

Good luck - maybe RSA's advice will work. Or maybe you should just sell me your car for Kelly Blue Book and pick up a Cali Supra. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
i here that original supra that where sold in California have a difference with it comes to emssions.

does anybody know that difference? EGR? different timing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts