Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Eye Kandy For Enthusiasts
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 years ago i went to Florida on vacation and loved it, and have decided to make it my home. I currently live in Portland Oregon and hate this rain. I wanted to how the cost of living is in Florida, are houses cheap. How is rent. I am planning to start small. So what are some cities that have relatively good prices land for sale.

I am planning on buying property and building my house on it. Can anyone help me with this situation. How hard is it to find a job, medically related.

Thanks

All help will be much appreciated.

·
gettin' irie
1,793 Posts
MKIV4EVER said:
hate this rain.

I wanted to how the cost of living is in Florida, are houses cheap. How is rent. I am planning to start small. So what are some cities that have relatively good prices land for sale.
if you hate rain, you will hate florida in summer then. it will rain every afternoon. its like clockwork.

and unless you wanna live in ******* ass areas of FL, you wont be finding anything reasonable as far as prices go. south fla is ridiculous, everthing is very expensive and only rising. but then again, you get what you pay for, because living in south florida is like living in paradise. also, dont move north of orlando. anything north of orlando isnt really florida (minus daytona and jacksonville)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Prices of housing and rent is out of this world right now.....eventhough in the summer we get hit every other week by a Hurricane :scratch:

Other than the hurricanes, Florida is paradise...especially along the coast.

Edit: for reference.....my 1 bedroom 1 bath with attached garage, 852 sq. ft is $1235 a month

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boost Freak said:
Well I know here in Ocala they are in need of people in the medical field, And rent is not bad at all here, property is on the rise but that's cause its growing, But it is still cheaper then Orlando and other parts of Florida, And its only a hour away from Orlando and about 3 from Tampa. Hope I could Help.

I also heard that ocala was a pretty resonable living area. I have been looking at land to buy in Florida and have found some for very cheap. 1-2 acre land for around $10 grand. Is this true or are these worthless properties. How is the Indian Lakes Area, St. Cloud, Clewston and Kissimmee Areas.

How much does rent go for around ocala for a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had a two bedroom 1 bath duplex apartment and rent was 600 in Ocala right next to the hospitals. Two hospitals beside eachother in town. just have to look around you don't want to be in the ghet but its very easy to find apartments. If you are looking to buy a house(investment) land prices are on the rise as boostfreak said. also hop on I-75 and Orlando is an hour south of you and Gainesville is 45mins north. So you are in a comfortable area w/ low crime. very scenic. lots of roads w/ trees hanging over. they are repaving the main roads so smooth driving :bigthumb:

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boost Freak said:
Yeah it is very nice here, I could see were somebody would say something about ******** cause there are lots of farms, But to me its nice and isn't far from the beach or Orlando, and I don't have to leave if a hurricane comes, I see houses and apartments going up everyday, Just come down and see some nice places in Ocala and ask for prices of apartments. And there is land in some places that is so much but in others is real cheap but very nice for like 3 acres. And like JonSardinas, All the roads are being re done and widen, And there isn't a lot of crime at all. Hope I could help.

Thanks alot guys, i really appreciate it, I like the country life alot, farm land is not a problem for me, i kinda prefer farm land, i just want something big so later if i want to build a shop i would have the provision to do that. If i didnt have to go to Fiji this December i would have come down and looked at a few properties.

Can anyone help me buy looking for some land in Ocala, probably get some phone numbers and websites for some realtors, i would really appreciate it.
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
658 Posts
check out sarasota county.. very nice..quiet and still quite a bit to do. house prices aren't bad.. i'm a realtor so if you need any assistance, let me know

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wouldn't trash the people that own farms. I know that where my parents owns one that a Jacksonville Jaguar owns a farm about 9 miles up the road. Many multi-millionaires own farms in Florida. But it's when you get in the towns around those farms that you find ********.

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mystic said:
check out sarasota county.. very nice..quiet and still quite a bit to do. house prices aren't bad.. i'm a realtor so if you need any assistance, let me know

Please send me listings, here is my e-mail address.

[email protected]

I would prefer a farmland, and if there is a house on it then thats even better but not necessary, i just need some land minimum of two acres thats buildable with utilities. Can you provide me with listings in the Ocala area, Sarasota area, Indian Lakes, St. Cloud, and pretty much all the cities around Orlando.

Thanks your all you help guys.

·
Just another SUPRA PIMP !
504 Posts
MKIV4EVER, I have a 3/2/2 brand new 1600 sq/ft home on a corner with all utilities installed, FOR RENT, in PALM BAY FL ( next to Melbourne). That's Brevard county, NASA SPACE SHUTTLE LAND !! I am asking $1200/month !! :) ..You would be 45 mins from Orlando & 90 mins to Palm Beach County, (& 45 mins from your future landlord in St. Lucie County)...hit me a pm if interested, & and I could email you some pix !!!
Hughie...PSL, FL

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YB2FAST said:
MKIV4EVER, I have a 3/2/2 brand new 1600 sq/ft home on a corner with all utilities installed, FOR RENT, in PALM BAY FL ( next to Melbourne). That's Brevard county, NASA SPACE SHUTTLE LAND !! I am asking $1200/month !! :) ..You would be 45 mins from Orlando & 90 mins to Palm Beach County, (& 45 mins from your future landlord in St. Lucie County)...hit me a pm if interested, & and I could email you some pix !!!
Hughie...PSL, FL

Sounds good but i wanted some place closer to Orlando since i will be working there.

·
gettin' irie
1,793 Posts
JonSardinas said:
and Gainesville is 45mins north. So you are in a comfortable area w/ low crime. very scenic. lots of roads w/ trees hanging over. they are repaving the main roads so smooth driving :bigthumb:
if you are going to move to fl and live near gainesville, you might as well move to nebraska, oklahoma, etc and pay less $. cuz thats what gainesville is. ******* area with NOTHING around it (except for the college). and even that is a a nothing area with college kids.

most people move to fl to upgrade their lifestyle. so if you move near gainesville.. i'd say just stay put. its not near the beach, so it is NOT scenic at all. just woods you can see from i-75. trust me i drive through there all the time when i drive up to school.

i go to fsu... wayyy at the top of FL. shouldnt be considered FL at all really. i live in west palm/boca area. that is the real part of fl. FL is not thought of as a wide open, farms, country, and COLD place. thats how it is in north part of fl. so trust me, if you are looking for an upgrade... you need to be on east coast my friend. and parts of the west coast are ncie too.. but in the south, like near naples

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i actually wanted something around Orlando. i went on vacation for Florida about 2 years ago and traveled to Miami, Tampa, Coco Beach and all those areas, but i like Orlando alot, especially the Kissimmee area. I know i sound kind of biased but for the three weeks i was there i enjoyed Orlando.

And you are right TRD Supra11, near the ocean is nice, but i cant afford that much right now.

What i want is a couple of acres to play around with.

Havent been to jacksonville but heard it rains alot there.

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, i went to Miami and didnt like it that much. Orlando i think is a better place for me.

·
5.SLOW
94 Posts
I currently live in Chicago, but we just bought a house in Lithia, Florida (near Tampa). So I will be moving down soon! :)

Hows the night life in Tampa? I hear Ybor City is the party town?

What good tuning/fabrication shops are there in the Tampa area?

Thanks,
Steve.

·
gettin' irie
1,793 Posts
orlando is great! i love it in orlando. it is beautiful there. when you start creeping north and west of there is when it starts to get bad. thats all i was saying. but orlando is a great place to live. lotta traffic cuz so many tourists, but still a fantastic place to live

1 - 20 of 32 Posts