Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm planning on moving to NC in a couple of months. Can anyone tell me how the employment opportunties are, the hot spots, and basically how chill the people are? BTW, I'm looking to stay in the Wilmington area, maybe Raleigh. This is going to be quite a culture shock for me, being that I'm from Hawaii. Any input woulld be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
T6Rocket said:
You will like Wilmington, they have a hip beach scene.

Al
yep, Wilmington is a great place to be...getting VERY expensive though!

Jason

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ive ben to hawaii and the beach scene here is naturally weak compared to hawaii.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well, I imagine so but if he wants to remain near to the coast, his options are there. Can't compare for some but he won't be living in Hawaii.

I haven't lived anywhere but New Bern and near it. It is too slow for me but seems to be a nice place to live for all the "transplants" here.

I really like Charlotte, Wilmington, Raleigh-Durham, and the mountains(Boone). Lot of opportunity in Charlotte.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from my visit there. I really felt more comfortable in Wilmington. The people were really friendly and it seemed like a great place to be. Wrightsville Beach was alright, although the sand was really hard, it was a nice beach. Overally, Wilmington seemed really chill and laid back.

Raleigh wasn't so bad but I couldnt find anything to do. I'm sure it's different come college bball season. I'd like to stay by the beach though, so moving more inland is out.

As far as employment opportunities are concerned, what industries are looking for workers?

During my time in NC I didnt once see any mkivs. Where yall at? I hardly saw any modified cars but thats a nice change of pace knowing that I wont have to hear a fart can every 10 minutes flying up the street.

·
Registered
135 Posts
cbawlla said:
I hardly saw any modified cars but thats a nice change of pace knowing that I wont have to hear a fart can every 10 minutes flying up the street.
The last time I went to Wilminton, I saw plenty of rice. You got lucky.:)

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Finding work in Wilm will be tough. It's a great place to live if you are rich - but if you are looking for anything tech oriented Raleigh will be where you want to be.

Wilmington is all services.

·
Registered
555 Posts
They are here. I have a mkiv and I'm from wilmington and comeback on the weekends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts