Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been transferred to Palo Alto in June. My supra should be done just before I leave (bought Marcus Frost's black 98 6 sp). First question is - where's the best shop to take the car? I have a fully built motor, GT42, etc... Second question - I hear the highway racing scene is about dead there due to the stricter laws. Is that true? If so, that really sucks...it's totally different here in Cleveland - lots of good races about whenever you want them. I'll miss that....

Look forward to meeting some of you guys at the next GTG.

Jamie
 

·
Highway Demon
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
hope to see ya and the ride soon.. maybe we can get a mini meet to welcome you to the area.. we'll see where that goes as time nears by a little sooner..

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marcus Frost's '98 is coming to the BAY! Let alone less than 15 miles away! This is indeed very awesome. Jamie, when is the expected time you plan on moving here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll know more in a week, but probably first part of June. I think the car looks a lot better than when I bought it too with the brembo 4 wheel kit and black HRE 545's.

That's for the welcome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
things you'll want to consider:
- how do you plan to register (and smog) the car?
- there are no good shops since SupraTuRD retired :)
- housing is expensive as hell
- PA is boring to me (but, then again, i live in SF)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
question number #1 is quite valid. No clue. How are the other high hp singles running around? I guess I can keep the Ohio registration until I get caught....

Regarding #2, didn't know Sushi retired, so you're right, I'm finding out there is no where to take the car. Hard to believe!
 

·
awz.
Joined
·
452 Posts
There are plenty of fast cars, it just tends to happen on the DL here, thanks to the man.
 

·
what comes out the butt?
Joined
·
4,469 Posts
well i think now this calls for good reasons to set up another Marina BBQ in july like alot of people were telling me to do, so that jamie can come along, as well as the full 70+ that were SUPPOSED to come this past weekend but got scared of the rain...

-mike
 

·
OCC
Joined
·
897 Posts
MaliCali said:
well i think now this calls for good reasons to set up another Marina BBQ in july like alot of people were telling me to do, so that jamie can come along, as well as the full 70+ that were SUPPOSED to come this past weekend but got scared of the rain...

-mike
Do it to it Mike!

sushi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
ohioko4s4 said:
So I've been transferred to Palo Alto in June. My supra should be done just before I leave (bought Marcus Frost's black 98 6 sp). First question is - where's the best shop to take the car? I have a fully built motor, GT42, etc... Second question - I hear the highway racing scene is about dead there due to the stricter laws. Is that true? If so, that really sucks...it's totally different here in Cleveland - lots of good races about whenever you want them. I'll miss that....

Look forward to meeting some of you guys at the next GTG.

Jamie
Haven't heard from you for awhile. Any luck on making your way to the bay? Haha I'm sorry, I'm just a big time fan of Marcus Frost '98.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
freeway scene is good here in los gatos... probably due to the rich guys here who can afford getting caught. there are some fast cars here, fully built twin turbo 350z, 800hp fbody, srt4's, 450hp z32, yada yada yada. anyhow, i think the guys here can offer good races to pretty much anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VINZE said:
Haven't heard from you for awhile. Any luck on making your way to the bay? Haha I'm sorry, I'm just a big time fan of Marcus Frost '98.
Hey thanks everyone for all the kind messages and pm's, but we've put off the CA move for awhile. :sadwavey: CA seems like it would have been a real PITA to keep a car like this. I feel bad for you guys!

As for Marcus's car, well let's just say it looked and drove better from a distance.... :dunno: It's taken awhile, but we're getting it back into shape, despite VIP Imports and the crap they pull.
 

·
awz.
Joined
·
452 Posts
ohioko4s4 said:
Hey thanks everyone for all the kind messages and pm's, but we've put off the CA move for awhile. :sadwavey: CA seems like it would have been a real PITA to keep a car like this. I feel bad for you guys!

As for Marcus's car, well let's just say it looked and drove better from a distance.... :dunno: It's taken awhile, but we're getting it back into shape, despite VIP Imports and the crap they pull.
:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
ohioko4s4 said:
It's taken awhile, but we're getting it back into shape, despite VIP Imports and the crap they pull.
please elaborate...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a number of things that I'll post once I have the final legal brief. My simple advice is to inspect his cars first hand (i.e. don't rely on his representations....)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
Just go to Wednesday night runs at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma and go burn some rednecks in their F150's... no pun intended :bigthumb:
 

·
awz.
Joined
·
452 Posts
ohioko4s4 said:
a number of things that I'll post once I have the final legal brief. My simple advice is to inspect his cars first hand (i.e. don't rely on his representations....)

Damn.

Im going to make sure to keep an eye out for this.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top