Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be moving to San Diego in a couple months and am debating on bringing my Supra over. I know Cali has some strict laws. Can someone in the know PM and give me the low down on owning a modded car in Cali. I have a single MKIV. Thanks.

Virg

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Your choices are:
-Register it out of state
-"know" some people to smog it for you
-$$$$$ talks

There are tons of Single Supras in CA. You are just going to have to use some creativity when it comes to smog.

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
cops are a bitch and smog is impossible unless you know someone who is willing to do a favor for you. Besides that, Cali is the best place for a Supra, beautiful weather all year round and gorgeous women to put in the passenger seat.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
You wont have to worry about recon or anything like that here in San Diego. But for sure keep your front plate on. The cops here don't really mess w/ supras unless you have an excessively loud exhaust, are driving stupid, or have no front plate. They are too busy chasing all the civics and 240's.

As for smog, youre best bet is to keep it registered in Hawaii for as long as you can. Until you can find someone who will smog it for you. There is a lot of military here in SD and a lot of cars from out of state. The cops wont get too suspicious if you are driving around w/ out of state plates (as long as the tags are current).

Let us know when you are in the mainland!

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Welcome to SD. Let us know when you get here...it's not gonna be as great as Hawaii that's for damn sure :sad: but it's still a great place to live.

The best advice would be to do what the others above said. Keep your car registered in Hawaii for as long as you can. You can try PMing Braddman for some more advice. He singled his car but it's registered in Florida.

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
804 Posts
I was watching the news the other day. They had some mass bust in Riverside somwhere. Bunch of ppl got tickets for modification. 10 cars got towed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys thanks for the useful info. I should be able to keep my car registered out of state for a year. Guess that gives me time to look into my options. I'll be there in July, but won't be bringing my car over till I find a place to live with a garage.

Anyone got any recommendations on a place to live. I'm looking for a place with at least a one car garage, not too far from downtown or Coronado and around $1500/month. Wouldn't mind living further out, as long as the traffic won't be bad.

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
Traffic is bad. I pay about $1200 for a 1 bed/1 bath. But it does have a garage and I am way in the north county. You might find something down there. I would suggest Craigs list and check San Diego. Good luck

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
804 Posts
Oh yeah, one of the hardest cities in the world to live in too. Think of all the MEN vs. women here too. Like 2 to 1 due to the military. Think of the uglest girl in Diego... Shes got options if you fuck up. One of the worst cities to be single in too. Also the largest border town in the nation which means LOW WADGES NO MATTER WHAT THE FUCK YOU DO FOR A LIVING. Plus the average house is like 400k, even Nasty City has some house's worth bucks. Trust me. I think they do it to weed the poor out to moving to Phoenix or Dino Countae.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts