Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has a 91 mr2, he pulled the engine, did new headgasket, turbo, cams, injectors, ecu...

we're having trouble getting the timing correct... The car will not start when doing the timing procedure (we have redone timing multiple times per chiltons manual and the BGB), when we reverse the plugwires order it starts but runs like crap... the distributor can only be put in one way...

can anyone give a clue as to what is happening/what were doing wrong?

Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
he has a post on mr20oc already...

it seems the order he thought the plug wires were happen to be wrong (lol), so hes going to redo the timing once again, and see what happens from there...

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
LOL Well I think most of us would assume he got that part right or checked that first.... :rofl:

But otherwise that is a hard problem to diagnose unless one see's it in person or hears more details.

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
Are you lining it up at TDC? Check your Cam timing as well dude. if the valve cover is off, bring it up to TDC #1 and the valve train in #1 should be loose. Eh im not to sure on the 3S-GTE never paid attention if it has a Cam mounted crank angle sensor or not lol :rofl:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well he redid the timing again, and now hes not getting spark again...

timing was done by lining up the tdc mark on the crank pulley, and then lining up the cam gears with the marks on the head...

the only thing i can think of that would mess with the ignition while redo-ing timing would be the crank angle sensor possibly being bumped or something...?

i really dont know, the drama continues some more today...

thanks for the help guys...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts