Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know much about these cars? Reliability, modifaction response good? I was thinking of getting a cheaper older car as my project, I wanted something that will last, something that responds well to mods and won't give me trouble so I thought of the MKIV TT Supra and how well those hold up and thought hey, maybe an MR2 Turbo. I know they may be a bit more to maintain due to mid engine but as long as they fit the rest of the bill I think it'd be a nice car... looks nice anyway.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have had two mr2 turbos..They are fun to drive but not even half the car that a supra is. I would like to have one again though. Reliable and pretty quick. I know mr2's in and out so if you have any more questions let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering things like which years to stay away from, what is a mileage cap I should set on one of them, how much should I expect to pay and how hard will it be to find a nice one. I would look for a stock one obviously... I just don't know what mileage is "too high", what type of deals I should walk away from... and how do these respond to bolt ons?

·
Registered
453 Posts
SupraBoost said:
I was wondering things like which years to stay away from, what is a mileage cap I should set on one of them, how much should I expect to pay and how hard will it be to find a nice one. I would look for a stock one obviously... I just don't know what mileage is "too high", what type of deals I should walk away from... and how do these respond to bolt ons?
I would try to go for a 94 or 95. They are a little better looking and running. Not much difference though. Better suspension too. I paid 8k for my last 91 i had. But i overpaid!! You can even get the 94 -95 for cheaper than that now. Probably in between 6 and 8k for a nice 94 - 95. I would not worry at all about mileage. They respond to bolt ons pretty well...There just isnt alot of bolt ons out there for them. But i have seen a stock mr2 with a few bolt ons run high 12's. I would go to mr2oc.com and look for them.

·
Business Baby
840 Posts
They're getting preety expensive nowadays, I'm looking at getting a 92 for 9500, with 86K on it. It's in amazing shape, and the owner was an old lady that's had the car since she bought it from the dealership. I'm actually going to go looking at it now.

·
A real OG.
124 Posts
house_of_senate said:
I would try to go for a 94 or 95. They are a little better looking and running. Not much difference though. Better suspension too. I paid 8k for my last 91 i had. But i overpaid!! You can even get the 94 -95 for cheaper than that now. Probably in between 6 and 8k for a nice 94 - 95. I would not worry at all about mileage. They respond to bolt ons pretty well...There just isnt alot of bolt ons out there for them. But i have seen a stock mr2 with a few bolt ons run high 12's. I would go to mr2oc.com and look for them.
There's no fucking way you are getting a 94 for 6-8k, more ike 10-14. And there's no way your even getting a 95 so I wouldn't even worry about that.

I would go for a 93 if I were you. They have slight suspension changes that help a little with the snap oversteer. I have a 91 turbo and love it to death.

They respond very well to mods, a simple downpipe will yield almost 20hp gains.

I would read this regarding modding the 3SGTE:

http://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/power.htm

·
outlaW
35 Posts
I agree with pputkowski, if your going to look for a MR2 on Mr2oc.com I highly doubt any 94-5 will sell under 10K. Some 93T's have LSD and better transmission which would be the bets route.

Good Luck on your search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah the 94's and 95's are rare. thats mainly the reason they're priced high. Mr2s do respond very well to mods as well. These cars are like gokarts. the go where you turn the steering wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts