Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put up all TopGear episodes and they are up for grabs on my site. Click the link in my sig.

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts

·
Got Cat??
338 Posts
Yes Turbo's make more power pound 4 pound but the bottom end of 95-01 maxima's are weak and will blow at those power level sooner or later.

·
Registered
103 Posts
CressFromHell said:
Yes Turbo's make more power pound 4 pound but the bottom end of 95-01 maxima's are weak and will blow at those power level sooner or later.

well gotta blow a motor or 2 in the experimental pahse :)

we'll see how everything holds up on the 2nd motor and then the built motor

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
You clearly don't know shit about maxima engines CressFromHell. They are REALLY good and solid engines, guy I know over the internet (HlH0501), is running close to 500WHP with ENGINE INTERNALS... and at 'ONLY' 300-400WHP the engine will last you a lifetime..

He has a 97 BTW

Vilhelm

·
Got Cat??
338 Posts
Vilhelm said:
You clearly don't know shit about maxima engines CressFromHell. They are REALLY good and solid engines, guy I know over the internet (HlH0501), is running close to 500WHP with ENGINE INTERNALS... and at 'ONLY' 300-400WHP the engine will last you a lifetime..

He has a 97 BTW

Vilhelm
I guess you don't know shit my friend. Hal has a fully built motor. Are you on drugs? I am talking about a stock motor!!!! I used to drive a 97gxe auto tragic and love the car to death but after 300 boosted whp the STOCK MOTOR WILL BE TOAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
XplictMr2 said:
If thats the same video that was on the christurner.net video archive, then that maxima is no slug, i have a few videos of it pulling/stayin with BPU supra's
no.. you are thinking about Thomas (100 shot black maxima) vs Loren (SC gold maxima) vs Andi B. (BPU 98 Supra TT) .. It was Thomas that was keeping up with Andi. Loren got his ass walked by Thomas and Andi.

Thomas aka sx7r maxima is now turbo'd and kicking the shit out of people in North Dallas

CressFromHell said:
I guess you don't know shit my friend. Hal has a fully built motor. Are you on drugs? I am talking about a stock motor!!!! I used to drive a 97gxe auto tragic and love the car to death but after 300 boosted whp the STOCK MOTOR WILL BE TOAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hal's motor is not fully built, but he has been through 3 of them.

i am sorry about your maxima, but the VQ can and has handled over 300 + whp on 6 different cars and they are fine.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yeah, I talk to him over the net, everything is original just about, everything exept for intake and the turbo kit... other then that it is STOCK. Like pistons, block, valves, etc etc.....

Reason he blew it was cause he runs to much PSI, something he KNOWS is risky. At like 15 PSI he has close to 500WHP, and that is scary enough he says, but when he goes over that, is when the engine blows on him, I belive he has run 17PSI.

I belive he has an account here, Ill ask him to give full specs if you guys are intrested. Like WHP @ what PSI etc.... all you need to know... so CressFromHell your wrong.

Vilhellm

·
Low Mile ALPINE--11,000
500 Posts
I drove on my 95 sc max for at least 30k hard miles..4 semi-long trips...and had 0 engine problems.....but the tranny was a differesnt story......

·
Got Cat??
338 Posts
He must be the exception. Who makes 500 to the wheels on 15 pounds? Maybe with some nitrous but not on boost alone. Oh doug is that the same guy who raced the red single turbo RX7? If it is you told me the motor was built IIRC. Well most boosted maxima's that I see out here in BK go thru motors like water. I am only going by what I see personally.

Originally posted by CressFromHell2
Vid is kind of short but good kill. I am assuming the max is running a T04E right? Also is his engine built?

doug600 said:
T3/T4 .. yeah its built

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
CressFromHell said:
He must be the exception. Who makes 500 to the wheels on 15 pounds? Maybe with some nitrous but not on boost alone. Oh doug is that the same guy who raced the red single turbo RX7? If it is you told me the motor was built IIRC. Well most boosted maxima's that I see out here in BK go thru motors like water. I am only going by what I see personally.

Originally posted by CressFromHell2
Vid is kind of short but good kill. I am assuming the max is running a T04E right? Also is his engine built?
yeah i told you the motor was built.. and i got corrected by him.. thats why i am changing the story now.

yeah hal has Nitrous and a Turbo.. i think he is running a 35 shot.

most of the other turbo guys are between 350 - 400 range on boost alone up to about 12 PSI

Most boosted maxima's go through motors because they never safely setup the correct fuel management. One guy named Matt ( ran 11.9 on his supercharger setup, was fast enough and bought my turbo kit) has been figuring out stuff as he goes and others have been following in his footsteps. Since then.. people have been running fine on high hp

·
Got Cat??
338 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts