Supra Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,199 Posts
@figgie Yeah, heading to the dyno Aug 4th, it's a mustang dyno, unfortunately, it's all I have around here that I could book time for, but it should do the trick.

At low RPM, since the pistons are moving so slowly, do you normally have low timing numbers since advance is not needed at low speeds especially under boost? My timing seems to be fine at WOT not lugging the engine 3500+ rpm pulls. But in 5th gear wot, 1500 rpm - 2500 rpm seems to have either detonation or spark blow out. I reduced the timing from 16 ish down to 10-12 and do not experience the issue any longer but I wasn't sure if that was too much advance didn't seem like it to me? But I'm new at tuning timing...BTW I was running E80 when this happened.

On a side note, the clutch and pump are in!
I also know where the limit of the stock pump is now approx 14-16 PSI on a 57 trim is TOO much for the stock pump to handle with E30-E40 in the tank. On 440's it would start leaning out up top, and on 850's it was also leaning out.

I installed the Walbro with the stock wiring for now, and I'll get around to changing when I get a chance, but looking at the charts from walbro, as long as I stay under 65-70 PSI fuel pressure or so I should be right at the limit of stock wiring and the EFI 15 amp pull. So it means don't go over 22 ish PSI of boost if I don't want to pop the fuse lol.

I did go out and boost to about 18 PSI today and the car feels GREAT, really quick... I didn't do any draggy runs since the meter is in my sc300 and I'm going to the dyno in a week or so anyway. I've tuned as well as I can so far and I don't think I'm far off a great tune. But for safety, I'm having Chirs Delgato tune the car while on the dyno remotely. I'll be curious to see what changes he makes...

Traction control is working and pulls timings so I don't simply burn out in first
Launch control works (removed the pops and bangs so I don't detonate my cat), using more like a 2 step rev limit instead
Flex blending working great
knock control is still a little rough around the edges, this is where I really hope Chris can help.

I estimate I'm probably around 400 or so WHP by the way the car is pulling. Maybe 430 or more torque, hopefully, the stock gasket will hold!

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
What coils? Make sure the dwell settings are correct especially the voltage compensation.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts