Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I don't know if our local Radio shacks are the best option, but the ones in Florida may be better qualified. One of my local tuners said the ms3 pro was similar to a lot of other ecu's. He had no problem tuning my ms3 pro. You're going to have to check with your local dyno shops and see if they can recommend someone. I asked my tuner if he'd be willing to help you out but he said 7800 miles was further than he was willing to go. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I had mine tuned by Tim at Xact Dyno in Mesa, Arizona. World class guy, patience of a statue. Not sure he would be able to remote tune a car, but if you're able to get the car to him, he can do good work.

For the limited time we had to work on it (completely my fault), he was able to get mine tuned to the point it feels every bit as nice to drive as an OEM setup was, yet makes plenty of power that it didn't before.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Brad, are you on pump gas or e85 pump gas? Just curious. I'd like to compare tunes with a few people but everyone is always so secretive.
Jay, simply running pump gas here, 91 octane is the best we get out west, although I do have ready access to e85. Did you have a specific question on the tune? I have no problem sharing it with you. :)

Feel free to PM me and we can chat on there or I can give you my email address, whatever is more convenient for you. I'm kinda sporadic on the forums anymore.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Brad, my email is [email protected]
I don't have any specific question. My 93 octane tune is pretty good. I need some adjustments in my e85 tune when I get it back from paint. It doesn't cold start very well. Sometimes it takes a few tries. With 93 it cranks like a new car. I'm curious mostly about timing numbers. You're on 91 so yours should be a little more conservative I would think. Thanks., Jay

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Just sent you an email Jay, easier to keep in touch with me that way. I'll have to see if I have my initial tune on the laptop, it was pretty good after about 10 seconds post-start.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,175 Posts
you can also try perfecttuning.net sam knows the MS really well.

I love how people troll MS like they are trash when they are quite literally the MOST resilientECU out there considering the age and the amount of support and features.

It was out well before the AEM V1, yet supports E85 blending, supports add-on modules for auto transmission control, and the feature set goes on and on.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Eric, I'm happy with the capability of the MS3Pro setup. There's more here than I'll ever need, truly, and it will cover all the things that I will actually need at some point.

I think that its complexity may be part of why you don't see as many tuners who are comfortable or as competent with MS setups as with some other setups. The other part of the trolling is likely just because of the types of cars you often see running it. Some are amazing creations, where you can tell the owner is a dedicated, innovative, talented individual. The others tend to fall more in line with dorks like me. :p

I will say this much for MS3Pro, it has very responsive overboost protection. I had a wastegate line that was made of some nylon stuff melt on me (because, durr, plastic and temperatures right next to all the turbo piping isn't a great mix), and it would shut off the fuel exactly when it hit the parameters my tuner had set. Might have cost me an engine rebuild had the MS3 not had this quick to respond protection logic. :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Ahh, you guys are funny. Much more than 500whp with any tire on our roads and you're lucky to put it down. Wyoming has two types of roads:

Dirt, and just plain dirty. :(

Plus, only so much you can do with pump gas, otherwise I'm right there with you, all the boosts, all the times! :)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Never used a pro but I’ve had my ms3x for many years and I laugh at the big money ecu guys who have the same features as me and make the same power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts