Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys! I was wondering if I needed a ballastor resistor for the msd blaster coil??? I currently have on, can I take it out??? also would anybody know why my car is idle is flickering. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. already changed the distributor,cap & rotor, plugs, wires.....what else could it be??? vacuum lines??? I haven't replaced those yet....should I?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey you guys! I was wondering if I needed a ballastor resistor for the msd blaster coil??? I currently have on, can I take it out??? also would anybody know why my car is idle is flickering. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. already changed the distributor,cap & rotor, plugs, wires.....what else could it be??? vacuum lines??? I haven't replaced those yet....should I?
Anybody? also does anyone know how I can get my Maf to work right?

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
You don't need a ballast resistor for the MSD Blaster/B2 coil, I run one on both of my cars na and na-t alike. It'll possibly be the ISC for the idle flicker, or the TPS, adjust/inspect via the TSRM. Also, yes, replace all vacuum lines.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
also does anyone know how I can get my Maf to work right?
Technically speaking, you don't have a MAF. The N/A uses a VAF, more commonly referred to a the AFM (generic term for air flow meter)... Or do you?

I'm sure someone here could help, if you'd tell us the problem. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright!!! thanks you guys! ok mine is N/a 7mge. Now I can take out the ugly looking ballaster. Woohoooo! thats ugly. okay now, the idle is rough. rpm is at about 800 for like a couple seconds, then... it starts to flick between 600-900rpm. could it be the moving plate on the manifold getting stuck??? see, cuz i never changed that part when I put the jdm 7m in. I used the one that came with the motor. already checked the plugs, rotor, distributor, cap... changed the VAF also. then now changed the vacuum lines. any help would be great guys! I'm still learning. so far I've done everything myself except the paint job on my 86'. now its just a matter of tuning things! thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts