Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my FPR is leaking from the screw. so it's time to replace it. i was wondering if anyone has any feedback on the MSD adjustable FPR? Horsepowerfreaks.com sells it and MSD is a legit brand, so i'm gonna order it tonight, 'cause i need it and i'm sick of my car smelling like gasoline. plus it's a waste of gas at $3/gallon. so yea, just lookin for some feedback.

thanks, t3d

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
ive only ever used the aeromotive FPRs and they have always worked flawlessly. they are relatively cheap also.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
relatively cheap is like 60 bucks more than this one. but i'm still lookin though

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Whats the adjustability range? You have to make sure you are not buying something for a low pressure carb'd motor...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MSD Fuel Pressure Regulators(86-92)

Fuel pressure regulator by MSD. MSD universal fuel pressure regulator is adjustable from 36 to 45 psi with a flow rate of 9.2 to 10.5 gallons per hour. The MSD universal fuel pressure regulator inlet and outlet size is 5/16" and a jam nut is supplied for special threads on the bottom to ease mounting to a bracket. The MSD fuel pressure regulators are free standing so they don't have to be mounted directly to a fuel rail and can be installed in any position. Fuel pressure is set with and adjusting bolt and is locked in position with a locking nut. The MSD fuel pressure regulator allows the tuner to fine tune the fuel pressure to meet the demand of the engine and injection system.

that's the HF.com description of the item

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
well are u NA? If so thats probably fine, but if u are turbo or plan on adding one get a FPR that has rising rate capability so it can increase FP as boost rises.

~scott

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
well are u NA? If so thats probably fine, but if u are turbo or plan on adding one get a FPR that has rising rate capability so it can increase FP as boost rises.

~scott
Uhh, personally, I would never run a rising rate FPR on a vehicle. That's just a band-aid approach. Get a real fuel management system.

That's my opinion though.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
stock is rising rate...

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
why not spend 5 dollars to get a stock replacement....

i dont think you realize you cant just bolt an aftermarket regulator on...youll spend another ~$100 on fittings and lines. seems like a waste of time and money for a NA

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Rising rate FPR is good for 99% of people here...

If you are stock NA there is no reason to go aftermarket, plus like Ideal said, you need lines and fittings. Theres no gain involved with this.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmmm
well, i checked NAPA to see how much a stock replacement would be(figuring it would be cheaper than TOYOTA) and it was a hundred bucks. i didn't check out TOYOTAs price, but i assumed if it's that much there, TOYOTA would be more. it is an NA, but if i can find a stock replacement, i'll probably pick that up. i guess i'll have to see what a pain in the ass this is gonna be. =0(

-t3d

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Just grab a working used one... people cant give them away...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i wouldn't trust a used one

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
exactly i was gonna ask if the wtb or fs section was broken lol

why wouldnt you trust a used one? lol they arent exactly parts that break all the time...infact i was surprised to see you said yours was leaking... lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol i'll call up toyota and make sure the price is what i expected. me and my Freedom Ford dealership discount and all. =0)

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Maybe its just the O-ring and washer? If it does have one where it screws into the rail... never looked at an NA one, but it should have an O-ring or gasket of some type.

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
stock is rising rate...
I think people are confused at what rising rate means.

By rising rate, I'm talking about a FPR that raises fuel pressure at a ratio other then 1:1. Yes, stock FPR raises fuel pressure 1psi for every psi of boost, and vice versa for vacuum, that's what a FPR does. By rising rate FPR, I'm talking about a FPR that changes the rate at which it increases fuel pressure. eg: [email protected], [email protected], etc. Raising fuel pressure other then 1:1 with manifold pressure. I'm pretty sure the stock one DOESN'T do this.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
he's an NA anyways so he doesn't need a rising rate...

I'm seeing about $100 for an OEM one (betcha NAPA is getting it directly from them)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i get what you guys are saying, but have anyone ever tried to use one of the MSD FPRs at all?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts