Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know which wires to tap on the ecu and behind the cluster for my 92 sc300 with 1jzgte with automatic ecu?

·
Registered
159 Posts
anyone know which wires to tap on the ecu and behind the cluster for my 92 sc300 with 1jzgte with automatic ecu?
you do not need have any tach adapter in sc300 with 1jz engine.

1. remove your stock sc300 cluster
2. remove rear white plastic panel from cluster
3. look at printing board and find resistor that is named: "R 109"
4. bypass that resistor (simple single short wire, resistor can be left there, not need remove it from printing board, just simple bypass it)

your stock sc300 tacho should work fine.

Jerry

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you do not need have any tach adapter in sc300 with 1jz engine.

1. remove your stock sc300 cluster
2. remove rear white plastic panel from cluster
3. look at printing board and find resistor that is named: "R 109"
4. bypass that resistor (simple single short wire, resistor can be left there, not need remove it from printing board, just simple bypass it)

your stock sc300 tacho should work fine.

Jerry

i did exactly that bypassing the r109 resistor and the tach still doesn't work. thats why my only solution now if hoping the msd will work.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Try this first take a long wire and connect one end to the tack and the other to the IG- on the engine check connector . If your tack has R109 bypassed it should work if not the msd won't work ether .
Good luck

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Try this first take a long wire and connect one end to the tack and the other to the IG- on the engine check connector . If your tack has R109 bypassed it should work if not the msd won't work ether .
Good luck
so your saying connect a wire where one end goes to the resistor and the other to the IG on the ecu? well as of saturday i hooked up my safcII and im using that as a temporary tach but im use to using a analog tach instead of digital.

edit: what do you mean by engine check connecter? is it the diagnosis box in the engine bay or the IG wire on the ecu? if its the engine bay which wire do i tap?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did you solder correctly and the rigfht points also? All you have to do is jump it with a wire and should work thats what i did on my 92 sc

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes that's exactly what i did. i even tryed soldering a wire from resistor to battery to get 12v constant and still doesn't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts