Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just was wondering for the new future there is only one muffler shop in town(minute muffler and brake) They carry all of the 2005 ractive muffler lineup and dynomax series mufflers. So a few questions

1.)how restrective is the stock muffler on the turbo's???
2.)Which muffler out of the 2005 ractive lineup would be the best?? does it have to be a 3 inch muffler??? does ractive even have a 3inch muffler???
3.) I may later be upgrading to a full 3 inch system so i would like to transfer this muffler to it, so what are my best choices???
4.)Would changing the muffler casuses and hp gains, extra boost, gas mileage etc.(basiclly the advantages of a changing the mufffler)

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
1. pretty restrictive
2. dont know. never heard of this company but as long as its 3' in 3' out and is straight through i dont see an issue minus noise
3. cooleeze makes a DIY exhaust 3' pipes iirc that you can do and transfer your 3' muffler over
4. yes to all. ease of flow out will help things alot. quicker spool and less work for the motor helps also. my bro gets only like 22 mpg on the highway with his stock exhaust and i can get 26ish with my full 3in.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
my bro gets only like 22 mpg on the highway with his stock exhaust and i can get 26ish with my full 3in.
That's not all that conclusive, I get better than 26mpg with my Supra and I still have the stock catback. (HKS downpipe and no cat, but still stock catback).

I do agree with you though. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
doom26462 said:
just was wondering for the new future there is only one muffler shop in town(minute muffler and brake) They carry all of the 2005 ractive muffler lineup and dynomax series mufflers. So a few questions

1.)how restrective is the stock muffler on the turbo's???
2.)Which muffler out of the 2005 ractive lineup would be the best?? does it have to be a 3 inch muffler??? does ractive even have a 3inch muffler???
3.) I may later be upgrading to a full 3 inch system so i would like to transfer this muffler to it, so what are my best choices???
4.)Would changing the muffler casuses and hp gains, extra boost, gas mileage etc.(basiclly the advantages of a changing the mufffler)
do u mean JUST the muffler or the whole exhaust? cause JUST the muffler seems kinda like a waste of money to me if ur keeping all of ur stock piping....

Andriy

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trowa said:
do u mean JUST the muffler or the whole exhaust? cause JUST the muffler seems kinda like a waste of money to me if ur keeping all of ur stock piping....

Andriy
no i be upgrading to 3 inch later most likly just curious about mufflers thats all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts