Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all mk2ers

I'm interested replacing my stock to something nicer. Looking for a good air flow... deep tone sound.

can anyone suggest what kind of muffler would look good?
single, duel? are OBX good?

also if you have a site, please forward it as well. thanks

·
King of 14" wheels
125 Posts
If you plan on keeping your car NA then 2.5" pipe will do fine with out being obnoxiously loud. A good muffler is Magna-Flow, these are see through and have a good deep sound but are not too loud. For a P-type mkII supra you should definately get a muffler with dual outs, it just looks better I.M.O. Any good muffler shop can make this custom system for you for $250-$300 USD which should include a new larger cat., pipe, hangers, and muffler

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had stock piping, no cat, and a maxspeed dual dragger muffler (very loud) on my MKII. I have since sold my car but my muffler may be available. It's already got the hangers welded up on the muffler. I have to give my friend a call and see if he still has it in his garage. let me know if your interested.

heres a link to what the muffler looks like
http://www.2kracing.com/cgi-bin/web_store/web_store.cgi?page=main/index.htm

Just click on universal parts/exhaust and scroll down until you see the maxspeed dual dragger.

·
The anti-muppet
345 Posts
what size would you recomend for what is now my 5MGE but maybe later 5MGTE. also some thing that sounds good, but not too loud

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys, finally got my muffler and my mid-pipe!

It was done in a shop, with a no-name dtm, and a 2.25 mid pipe, and a new cat as well.

its 'illegal' to drive a without a cat in vancouver bc...

so my total cost is $577CDN including labour, its like $74/hr

there is not much bend on the pipe, which is good.

But it got a nice performance sound, much better than stock.
i quite like it... thanks ppl for all your info...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts