Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the diy 3" catback exhaust kit on 935motorsports. and then bought a cat and muffler on ebay. The muffler is a HKS replica, 3" inlet, with an offset 4 1/2" tip. I brought everything to my local exhaust shop. and they said that they'll need to bend the piping some and the muffler won't work. It would hang way to low, and scrape. he also said that where the piping goes under the rear end, that he may need to make a flat spot for ground clearence. I took my stuff and ran away. Here are some pictures that i have. has anyone used this muffler before? I thought some people have. http://65.30.134.27:5080/forum/dsc00847s.jpg http://65.30.134.27:5080/forum/dsc00848s.jpg

I realized that they sent me an extra 3-4foot long 3" pipe, it's in the picture.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
miekedmr said:
I see that Fast and Furious poster! Get outta here!
That's funny considering your avatar! :wtflol:
I found both of those movies to be pretty entertaining!:dunno:

·
slowest restoration ever
626 Posts
My avatar is a mockery of big mufflers. (edit: it's from beaterz.com) Both of those movies are crap and made modifying cars be a pop-culture thing, inspiring ignorant mcdonalds-employed young adults all over the nation to buy $500 carbon fiber hoods, annoying exhaust systems, nos accessories (when they don't have nitrous or even know how it works,) and those damned LED windshield fluid sprayers for their crappy badly-maintained cars. Not to mention the plots stink and the dialog's equivalent to 5th grade reading level. (this allows for easy comprehension by said young adults.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
:urowned:

Do u mean i should remove my dual winshield/front light sprayers LED JMD setup? I thought they were looking good. This make easier to spot low life ricers.

By the way, i did enjoy the 1st fast-furious and felt asleep on the mistubishi sponsorized second. This is an insult for the gorgous twin turbo monster RX-7. A lancer... pffff :barf:

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
sometimes the muffler shops dont know what they're talking about

i routed my catback like stock, or a tanabe style, even though i wanted it straight. but they told me it couldnt be done. and i argued with them for a bit and just said fuck it, whatever. and of course i have a friend with the same size muffler with really straight piping -_-
if they dont understand, MAKE them understand, i guess :dunno:

-Joe :run:

·
Registered
929 Posts
how much worst could it be having those two bends? also, how far back is that cat gonna sit back? i'm in the process of making my own and i don't see how that works with the pipes after the cat going at an angle like that. i'm going to start on mine tomorrow. i just got all the parts i need today.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey, i got that from a guy that worked at blockbuster, for free, and it has a supra in it, so shut up. anyways, I thought atleast one person has used it before, i wanted a bigger canister, cuz i thought it would keep the sound down a little more, and I really don't want to get the can type ones, where the body of the muffler is about a half inch bigger than the tip.

piping, hangers, flanges, gaskets, and bolts - 150
muffler - 50
cat - 60

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
racine

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
My muffler is big and the piping is as straight as it can be. Yes it will scrape on everything, so they are right about that. However, it will work. Just gotta take it slow. Yours has much more of a bend than mine does, so I dont think it'll scrape like mine. Just tell the shop to weld it together, put it on, and let you worry about the scraping.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
If it's the dragger muffler or something similar it won't scrape and neither will the piping if routed correctly. I had the Dragger and never hit a thing and I was lowered and on 18's. I then went with the RSR exhaust which is just about the straightest exhaust you can get and it never scraped either. It has all of one little bend in the entire system.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea, it said that it was a dragger replica or something, the tip is offset from the inlet. i'm going to try going to a different exhaust shop on tomorrow, i don't have access to a welder so i can't do it myself, which sucks.

YESSS... work just called me, don't need to come in. I'll go today to the other shop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts