Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let my brother take my supra as his truck died the other day, he only drove it a total of 50 miles, I went to pick it up 3 days later and the battery was dead, had to jump it...
I couldnt get it into any gears, I had to have someone push it while the car was off to get it into first, and all other gears while driving are hard as heck to get into, I basically have to find the rpm band that it will slip in naturally. Other then that issue the car shutters like crazy, almost like a motor mount is not there at all...

Any ideas?

I wouldn't think it would be something with the clutch, I just had all new parts put in a few hundred miles ago, he would have to grind it for 50 miles straight to do this...

No bashing or flaming please, he is upset as well and offered to pay for any mechanic, parts, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if they do not know I appreciate you taking the time :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think that would explain the shuttering as well? like a bad vibration gone horribly wrong...

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,653 Posts
throw out bearing? Mine did all kinds of crazy stuff when my throw out bearing died on me. even more so once it grenaded lol. Does the car idle ok when off the clutch?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it shakes like it was at 200 RPM and not the normal 800-1000, but needle is normal...

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
LOL @ the responses. Raise the car and check the clutch slave cylinder for normal travel. Jack it up, put it on stands, have someone press the clutch repeatedly and check to see if the slave cylinder is traveling its full length back and forth or not. Sounds like air in the system or maybe just needs bleeding.

Kruso

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
LOL @ the responses. Raise the car and check the clutch slave cylinder for normal travel. Jack it up, put it on stands, have someone press the clutch repeatedly and check to see if the slave cylinder is traveling its full length back and forth or not. Sounds like air in the system or maybe just needs bleeding.

Kruso
This especially since you mentioned recently new transmission parts? Not really specific or anything though, but one can assume.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts