Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AKUMU
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a week ago today... Nice long drive home from vegas to salt lake.... Cars already runnin like shit.... Seals going out in the turbo... Stalls out when out of gear.... Starter sylinoid shot so only able to roll start(luckfully on the freeway so only the turbo matters.... Tell i got to town...) About 4 or 5 hours into the trip i come across a wrx and a lotus tailin each playin tag.... So i roll by... Slow down to taunt them and see if they want to play around.... About 5 miles after messin with them they decide to take off on me..... Bad idea for them.... 10psi on a blown or about to be blown turbo = ALOT of white smoke.... Needless to say they didnt want to catch back up.... About 20 minutes later.... A gt mustang tried gettin tough.... His mistake...... Hour later drivin threw town almost home layin a could of white smoke as far as i can see.... Srt-4..... Yet again..... Bad idea.... Over all good way to kill a turbo... 4 kills in like almost 2 hours.... So anyone got a ct-26 layin around you wanna sell?? Or know someone??

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
haha I dont know much about this but could you have messed up your car driving it like that, like something other than your turbo....but anyways congrats good kills

·
AKUMU
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the seals going out should have only been bad on the turbo..... Just losing a little oil and coolant out of the exhaust..... I didnt fully blow it though... Not to mention it was still boosting like a champ.... But i should have a new one on the way in a few days... I hope......

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
does it have the dreaded turbo death whine yet? when my bros ct-26 was dying it would whine like a bitch....sounded almost like a cat meowing lol

·
AKUMU
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it did at lower rpm... But when it gets into boost it dies out a little.... The turbo was starved for oil so it might have sounded a bit different then your brothers though....

·
AKUMU
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks. i actually went back with the stock ct and im running 9 psi on it and its actually really really fast. it trys breaking traction through first and second and cherps into third. the other night i raced an srt4 on the freeway and he couldnt get around me but when we got on the street it was another story, but i never fell more than half a car behind which i dont mind at all. even fronted on a z06 and got no response out of him and i know he races it cause he was in at the shop i work at talking about building the motor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts