Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been piecing a fuel system together and have got everything i need except for a FPR injectors and another pump...

I have been looking to buy a FPR when i came across this on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Muse...categoryZ46098QQihZ019QQitemZ8071640998QQrdZ1

the price is extremely low and it does have a lifetime warranty, but you always hear you get what you pay for... anyone know about this FPR? And would it work fine with my fuel system..?
little info - (will be running about 800hp) twin pump twin – 6 lines Y blocked to -10, a -10 filter -10 y blocked into -6 lines that feeds the rail with 1000cc injectors... will be running 780 injectors for a little while though...

Any info would help thanks in advance

-Steve

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
I checked out the regulator in the link. As far as construction, it looks fine. Like many other regulators you see available. My only concern about it would be the flow rate. I can't see anywhere the size of the fittings. Are they 1/8" NPT, 1/4" NPT, 3/8" NPT, or 1/2" NPT? The return fitting looks a lot like 1/4" NPT to me, which may be a little small.

Are your two pumps going to be turned on all the time? Or will you have the 2nd turn on after boost pressure is above a certain point? I suppose if you're just Y-blocking the two pump outlets, then they'll both need to be turned on all the time. That means at idle you'll have enough fuel for 800 hp that's all getting bypassed out the return line. That all has to flow out of the regulator output. I'd say that's too much flow for the outlet of this fuel regulator. Of course, if you have a center return fuel rail, it probably only has a -6 fitting in there anyway.

However....it's only $35. I've never seen an EFI FPR that cheap before! Could be worth a try I guess. Just make sure you have a pressure gauge on it and that it can keep the rail pressure down as low as you need while it's idling.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cord4530 thank you for that, very informative

has anyone used this fpr? anyone...?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
All I know is I wouldnt want to be the guinea pig on this. However, if you try it and it turns out well, please let us know!

·
Registered
30 Posts
guys, just an FYI that this looks like your run of the mill branded for EBAY part. it looks identical to the many other "brands" being peddled on eBAY. Unlike a battery holder, or pedals, fuel pressure regulators require some good engineering. I'd be cautious of non-major brand FPRs. I doubt these guys look hard at chemical compatibility of the materials they use for their diaphragms. If this looks like the part you need, you'd be better off spending a few extra $ with an SX or Aeromotive.

Also, don't let the size of the return line fool you. Ultimately, the bypass fitting size in the FPR is what matters and they are typically running 0.10" in diameter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts