Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi hows it going guys, just wondering what the percentage difference is between hp #s on a mustang dyno, vs hp #s on a dynojet dyno. i have dynoed 335.5 [email protected] rpm and 342.4 lbs [email protected] on a mustang dyno, just wondering what to expect on a dynojet dyno. thanks for any info! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
122 Posts
someone locally in the bay area dynoed 305whp on gruppe-s's awd mustang dyno and then went directly to ATP's awd dynojet and dynoed at 350whp.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
IMO - mustang dyno seems to dyno ~18% lower than dynojet

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
18-20% difference.

Steve K.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We've noticed an 8-12% difference between our Mustang(All Wheel Drive IMP) and the local Dynojet(248c)...Most of the time it hovers around the 12% mark though. We've done comparos with three cars now, including one Supra and on all three it was right at 12% but with that being said we've had some customers call us and tell us what they put down on the other dyno and that's where we get the 8-12% at.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
dieman said:
We've noticed an 8-12% difference between our Mustang(All Wheel Drive IMP) and the local Dynojet(248c)...Most of the time it hovers around the 12% mark though. We've done comparos with three cars now, including one Supra and on all three it was right at 12% but with that being said we've had some customers call us and tell us what they put down on the other dyno and that's where we get the 8-12% at.
That's correct...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ive noticed the dynojet is great for big numbers but mustang is real world results and more accurate for true tuning.
-Daniel

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
mpower said:
Ive noticed the dynojet is great for big numbers but mustang is real world results and more accurate for true tuning.
-Daniel
If the operator can work the dyno... ;) We have a new mustang AWD dyno in town, but the guy is having a hell of a time running it. Carl

·
Registered
31 Posts
in2twins said:
If the operator can work the dyno... ;) We have a new mustang AWD dyno in town, but the guy is having a hell of a time running it. Carl
They are a little frustrating at first. The software for the tach leads is a bit tricky but not too hard. Give him a couple of months with it I'm sure he'll get it down. Do you know which All Wheel Drive one he got? We've got an All Wheel Drive one here and I must admit...it's a lot of fun to play with. Nothing more exciting than doing 1/4 mile runs and 6,000rpm launches with the STi on the dyno.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a Dynojet and have seen about a 7% difference from a Mustang... The Mustang reads lower however the guy running the Mustang can make them show "dynojet" numbers... If he/she wishes...

·
Invert.
257 Posts
pick a good dyno with good operators and tuners if you're not doing it and stick with it. Even the same model will change with use, age and other factors. Unless you're putting the peak hp on your t-shirt, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dynoed on the dynojet and i dynoed 422.1 hp and 460.2 tq on 18 psi. on the mustange i did 335.5 hp and 342 tq on 15 psi. with the difference of 3 psi, its about a 18% difference in my case.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
so a mustang is more accurate then?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts