Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Over Medicated
2,804 Posts
Step 1- Unbolt exhaust from original header
Step 2 - Unhook O2 sensors on header
Step 3 - Unbolt headers from head
Reverse the process and the new ones are installed.

· Actual Member Since 2003
4,520 Posts
^^^ dont forget to remove your air intake tube that is connected to the Throttle body and then do what kbprice said.

· Registered
456 Posts
^^
no you dont. the only "hard" part when you install the new header is when you have to pry the new header apart alittle to get them on the header bolts. thats what i had to do and was in the instructions when i got my header, but they were the xerd brand. dont know if mvp changed them at all. very easy stuff.

4,520 Posts
ok i installed my header today but the cat doesnt align well with the bottom portion of the header? any suggestions? I am getting a terrible exhaust leak...

· Registered
456 Posts
ok i installed my header today but the cat doesnt align well with the bottom portion of the header? any suggestions? I am getting a terrible exhaust leak...
Same with mine, just had to keep on adjusting the midpipe until it fit right. And make sure u use the stock gasket and the gasket provided. I actually went to a muffler shop and got a gasket from them because the gasket that was provided w/header was crap and just about dissenagrated(probably spelled wrong) on me.

4,520 Posts
i installed my headers but I dont feel that much power difference. I got the exhaust leaked fixed but still feels the same. just louder and at high rpm's it has a slight raspy sound to it. any idea?

· Its Almost Easy
1993 Toyota Supra NA-T
448 Posts
^ it should increase power at high rpm. so you shouldnt feel it as much during normal driving.

make sure there isnt a leak still. remember that your headers have 4 openings. 1 near the midpipe. 2 in the middle for oxygen sensors, and 1 near the head (so check them all). I have heard that in some cases the heat can cause the bolts to expand and contract which can slowly loosen them.

· next inline...party of 6?
609 Posts
Hey Brendan, did you keep the stock midpipe on? I heard once people go to aftermarket midpipe on NA they lose power. I noticed a pretty significant difference, especially after I heat wrapped em. The hot engine bay was crazy at first and the short ram intake was just on fire hot without a heat shield. I can't wait to do some air ducting work.

4,520 Posts
Hey Brendan, did you keep the stock midpipe on? I heard once people go to aftermarket midpipe on NA they lose power. I noticed a pretty significant difference, especially after I heat wrapped em. The hot engine bay was crazy at first and the short ram intake was just on fire hot without a heat shield. I can't wait to do some air ducting work.

Ok after taking it to an exhaust shop and getting all of my exhaust leaks out, and broke in my headers and it sounds good and I can feel the pull now. thanks A. and Aaron. and yes, I did keep my stock midpipe on. Still raspy at high rpms but eh, its not that bad...

· Registered
164 Posts
my mid pipe was replaced with a 2.5in mandrel bent pipe and no cat(am going to put one on tho to get a little backpressure) and it pulls awesome will be chucking it on the dyno soon.. but i dont see how an aftermarket mid pipe will make less power then the stock one

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.