Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi Guys,
First of all I am really sad I have to post this here on the forums. I've tried to find a solution with the guys at MVP but now that Robert, the only one who was actually answering my emails, is gone I have to tell my story.
I've built supras for like 15 years or something now and I started buying most of my parts with MVP like 12 years ago. Dusty was handling my account and I bought a lot. All went fine until things got slower at MVP, I dont know why, so I moved to a different supplier.
MVP has always been the only seller for the RPS carbon clutches and I use them in all my own cars and in cars of friends and customers, so I always had a few of those here and there.
At one point, aprox. may 2013, Kevin Calvert of MVP posted on facebook that the RPS C/C clutch is still the best and they are doing something like a special or something, so I sent him a message 'hey I have 3 RPS clutches here that need to be looked at, can you arrange rebuild / checkup' and I shipped them over.
Kevin even offered to have them shipped on their MVP account, but I shipped them on my own account and they got delivered to MVP in July 2013 at MVP and Kevin confirmed by facebook message that he received them (7th of August 2013).
In September 2013 I asked if he could arrange something, he was out of the office, waiting for an answer.
The clutches were shipped to RPS, Confirmed by Kevin, in October 2013.
in March 2014 I asked what is the status, too busy to answer because of tx2k
Then end of March Kevin left MVP and no answers.
During 2014 I asked a few times hardly any reply.
In 2015 I had to finish a few cars so I bought 2 clutches with Titan, had one in my inventory so I could get cars on the road.
End of 2015 I asked Robert and I asked Dusty if I could get my clutches. They had to search for it and would see.
I met Dusty at the SEMA in 2015 and he said he would take care of my clutches right upon his return.... No answer.
Now since SEMA 2015 until now I mailed Robert and Dusty at least once a week and recently I mailed dusty even twice a day.
No answer.
Robert said 'Dusty should take care of it'
But nothing happens.

The only reply I got from Dusty is that he doesnt know where my 3 RPS twin disc clutches are, that he cannot find them in his storage and that the guys at RPS dont know a thing about the rebuilds either.
He said the problem is caused by Kevin.

I do know Kevin caused a lot of problems at MVP. Well, I do not KNOW, I have HEARD he has been the cause of all problems.
I also have employees who didnt work the hours they put in in the computer. I also had stealing employees, I have one employee almost full time fixing what other employees have caused. But in the end this is my problem, and it is not my customers problem. Sure my customers have to wait longer, they also have to wait for refunds, but I will pay and find a solution.
Dusty is not finding a solution. He is ignoring my emails. He is denying his responsibility ("I cannot find any track of the clutches received by MVP").

Dusty, please reply what county you are based and what court you would like to meet.
I have sent 3 RPS carbon clutches of which 2 were billet strapless (2795 USD) and one was old model (say 1000 USD max for a good flywheel and some parts). Total value sent: 6590 USD that I now need to replace by buying new clutches.

Please reply soon. I have sent 100 emails and I got 1 reply from you. Hope I get more info on this board.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Wow! Arnout I know you very well personally, a very stand up guy and from what I have heard of Dusty, he is too. But as your saying Arnout, if your the boss you've got bad employees or any loose ends or problems it boils down to the boss keeping the name for the business and handling issues where others may have dropped the ball. Sounds like Dusty needs to follow up ASAP! These are not small items. Hope this gets settled immediately.

·
Registered
713 Posts
MVP - Arnout is Universally respected around here as great guy and a true Supra enthusiast

I really hope this is taken seriously. I feel like this would be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Please for the love of god, MVP, do not fuck over Arnout. That would be really fucking stupid.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
MVP - Arnout is Universally respected around here as great guy and a true Supra enthusiast

I really hope this is taken seriously. I feel like this would be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Please for the love of god, MVP, do not fuck over Arnout. That would be really fucking stupid.

QFFT!

Failure to rectify this issue would result in my refusal to ever again patron MVP motorsports regardless of whether or not they manage get back on course with all the other problems.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have sent 3 RPS carbon clutches of which 2 were billet strapless (2795 USD) and one was old model (say 1000 USD max for a good flywheel and some parts). Total value sent: 6590 USD that I now need to replace by buying new clutches.
How are they even still a vendor. I am new here and everyday i just see this mess getting worse and worse with MVP with nothing getting solved.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
How are they even still a vendor. I am new here and everyday i just see this mess getting worse and worse with MVP with nothing getting solved.
You have my word this is being discussed and handled behind the scenes. We are working on a solution for the better of the community.

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please don't kick MVP off the forums before issues are resolved. I haven't heard from Dusty at all. Robert has always been very communicative although he had no authorization to do something. So that was just chit-chatting in the end. I really hope Dusty is going to solve my issue soon.

·
Administrator
8,800 Posts
I met Arnout briefly at Silv this past year, seemed like a good guy, he probably doesn't remember me.. I hope this works out for you. MVP owes it to their customers to make things right. The actions taken by vertical scope or moderators/admins won't be done at the expense of costing people a viable line of communication with MVP and a place to handle concerns. I want to see all things made amends but MVP is the only one that can do that ultimately.

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
Please don't kick MVP off the forums before issues are resolved. I haven't heard from Dusty at all. Robert has always been very communicative although he had no authorization to do something. So that was just chit-chatting in the end. I really hope Dusty is going to solve my issue soon.
Arnout,

The recommendations made to Vertical Scope by the mod team include a means by which MVP complainants will be able to continue to pursue satisfaction of their claims against MVP regardless of the official action taken. The mod team is hopeful Vertical Scope will, very soon, comprehensively address all issues affecting MVP's operation and the recommendations made to Vertical Scope by the mod team to safeguard the members of Supraforums. I know this may be of small consolation to you, and others, at this point, but there is no intent on the part of the mod team to eliminate lines of communication between MVP and members of Supraforums who may have claims against MVP.

Ken.

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
Why not post up in the MVP section? Dusty has been active there and i really doubt he will respond to anything here.

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I can post in the MVP section as well. I can post everywhere, I can email dusty 10 times a day, I can even call him. I have tried all. I'm just on the low priority list, or maybe on the ignore list by now.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have never purchased from MVP and probably never will. I can source any part on their site for way cheaper and way quicker.
Then stay out of all the threads where people have issues. By your own admission you have nothing to add to them other than slander.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Wow another one bites the "dust"
This amount makes my order that went sour look like peanuts. Hope u get this resolved.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Arnout

Moved this into the MVP section in hopes you and Dusty can get this resolved.

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
I wish I could say this surprises me, but more and more people have been telling me horror stories about MVP.

Arnout, I hope MVP does the right thing and compensates you for the financial loss they have put you through.

·
Administrator
8,800 Posts
please keep this thread related to Arnout and his issue.

Thanks

·
3,466 Posts
same to you too buddy, you're just in it to kiss ass, probably got sponsored by them or something.
You've been warned in other threads and now you are insulting other members. You obviously have nothing tangible to add, last warning. Do not post again in these threads.

If you have something that arises, make a thread.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts