Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does 17rwhp for less than $500 sound? That's exactly what the MVP Motorsports Exhaust Manifold gives you. For years people have been using the XERD Exhaust Manifold and while it's always been a great product, the service from XERD has been poor and has resulted in this item being very hard to get.

Not anymore! MVP has contacted XERD's manufacturer direct and is bringing it to you at the same price as before while keeping it in stock at all times for quick delivery. We have many of them on order and expect them here by July 15th. If you pre-order before then, the price is $449 and you pay a $100 deposit up front. If you order once they are here, they will go up to the normal price of $499.

When it comes to increasing horsepower on the N/A Supra, nothing comes close to offering the gains for the money spent as the MVP Exhaust Manifold does!

If you have any questions about this header feel free to ask them here or contact Kevin at [email protected] or 940-683-8282x19.

Thanks!

Dusty

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are they going to be Ceramic Coated at that price like the Horsepowerfreaks ones from the same manufacturer?

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
So Basically you guys are selling the same exact header as Xerd did? Did you re-design the header or you just re-branding it with your name and calling it your design when it was another company's? ? And for the price I hope there ceramic coated....
I had one of the 1st header's ever made for the na supra and couldnt think of my old car without it...222.5rwhp and 241.2tq with that and a bunch of mod's on a automatic.....

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
joeyg said:
Are they going to be Ceramic Coated at that price like the Horsepowerfreaks ones from the same manufacturer?
These are not from the same manufacturer. XERD had problems with the manufacturer that BFD is using now years ago and switched to a different manufacturer.

Xdreamer said:
So Basically you guys are selling the same exact header as Xerd did?[/xdreamer]

Correct, comes from the same manufacturer.

Xdreamer said:
id you re-design the header or you just re-branding it with your name and calling it your design when it was another company's? ?
The header has not been redesigned nor do we claim that it is our original design. I have no intentions of carrying XERD after being a XERD authorized dealer for 2 years. XERD has closed their physical location down and has no phone number to get ahold of. I don't feel comfortable sending somebody money not even having a reliable way to get in contact with them besides an AOL email address.

It's not my say to get into detail but do some research on XERD. They screwed ALOT of people over as MPH and as XERD, just do research and you won't have any trouble finding this information. Headers are still a big demand in the Supra community. I remember having to refund customer's money and then having to chase XERD down to get them to reimburse us and having their customers call me with problems because they couldn't contact XERD direct. There's a guy on this forum who gave XERD $1,500 as a deposit for a turbo kit project and they left him stranded at a gas station!

Is this the type of company most people want to buy from? No and for that reason alone I've stopped selling ALL Xerd products.

xdreamer said:
I had one of the 1st header's ever made for the na supra and couldnt think of my old car without it...222.5rwhp and 241.2tq with that and a bunch of mod's on a automatic.....
I remember your car well, IIRC you got into a WRX shortly after. Any plans of getting another Supra?

Regards,
Kevin

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Hey Kevin ,Thanks for the reply. I am aware of xerd's issue'.s My main question was wondering if you used the same design or changed the deisgn. As it has a few small deisgn flaw's . I apprecite you replying so quick btw. I am currently traveling back and forth from ny and san diego I am planning on buying another supra this winter ( nonturbo) to drive across country and might make another project only time will tell. ~Brett

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Xdreamer said:
Hey Kevin ,Thanks for the reply. I am aware of xerd's issue'.s My main question was wondering if you used the same design or changed the deisgn. As it has a few small deisgn flaw's . I apprecite you replying so quick btw. I am currently traveling back and forth from ny and san diego I am planning on buying another supra this winter ( nonturbo) to drive across country and might make another project only time will tell. ~Brett
Brett,

We didn't change any design issues. I'm aware of the following problems:

1. The only person who I know that had a problem with them cracking was Josh L. (whiteblaze on the forums). Given the amount of people that ordered them, I'd say this is isnt' a bad ratio. I don't know if anybody else has had problems with them but the only person that has reported to me was Josh. These will also be covered by a warranty that we will stick to unlike XERD who never responded to any emails with warranty in the title.

2. I also know some people who were running the header with the Boostlogic midpipe complained about a raspy sound at mid-range RPM

3. the gaskets that were included were a joke and people often had to buy new gaskets. I'll put a set on my car once they get here and see if the gasket issue has been resolved as they claim it has, if not then I will see what we can do about including some new ones.

Wish you luck with your Supra, look forward to seeing it given how innovative your last one was for the time.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
251 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
There's a guy on this forum who gave XERD $1,500 as a deposit for a turbo kit project and they left him stranded at a gas station!

I remember, XERD were looking for someone to borrow their supra for a turbo project. I almost said yes to them. I said no at the end because they claim that it would take approximately 3 months. I remember this person posted pictures of his supra being shipped to XERD. So he never go his car back? Man, Im glad I waited and went with turbonetics.

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
for optimum power from this manifold, would it be best to keep stock downpipe and exhaust? or would more power be had with exhaust and maybe keeping the stock downpipe?

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
itsings said:
for optimum power from this manifold, would it be best to keep stock downpipe and exhaust? or would more power be had with exhaust and maybe keeping the stock downpipe?
I've never seen back to back dynos on this manifold with a stock exhaust or a stock midpipe to aftermarket units. On average dynos that I have seen show gains of 15-17whp regardless of exhaust setup, so there can't be that big of a difference.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
xdrm32 said:
I remember, XERD were looking for someone to borrow their supra for a turbo project. I almost said yes to them. I said no at the end because they claim that it would take approximately 3 months. I remember this person posted pictures of his supra being shipped to XERD. So he never go his car back? Man, Im glad I waited and went with turbonetics.
I don't think they ever took his car, I just think they took his initial deposit and left him stranded. At least that's the way I understood it.

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
I've never seen back to back dynos on this manifold with a stock exhaust or a stock midpipe to aftermarket units. On average dynos that I have seen show gains of 15-17whp regardless of exhaust setup, so there can't be that big of a difference.
i c, so the 15-17 rwhp gains was WITH an aftermarket exhaust setup if i understand correctly then right?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I got +28rwhp with this style manifold, 440cc, lexus V8 maf, TRD Gen2, K&N intake and a lightned crank pulley. The mani alone put down 15rwhp, adding these other mods really made a differance. Without the exhaust mani, the gains from the other mods is really minimal

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks WhiteBlazze for the feedback.

These manifolds will be here in just a few days, then the price goes up $50. I spoke to Customs Friday, they are in the USA now.

It is your last chance to get one for $549!

Regards,

Dusty

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
WhiteBlazze said:
I got +28rwhp with this style manifold, 440cc, lexus V8 maf, TRD Gen2, K&N intake and a lightned crank pulley. The mani alone put down 15rwhp, adding these other mods really made a differance. Without the exhaust mani, the gains from the other mods is really minimal
are u running the stock downpipe with a converter or did u put a straight through downpipe in?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
That was actually with the stock mid-pipe

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
WhiteBlazze said:
That was actually with the stock mid-pipe
Interesting, do u imagine that you would make more power if u upgraded it to aftermarket and took out the cat? or do u think that little bit of pressure it provides is beneficial?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I ran this setup that was similar to another members setup and I believe he ran with a cat-less mid-pipe with the same results.

Upgrading the mid-pipe to a cat-less 2.5" pipe would eliminate all back pressure and more than likely just do more harm then good. If you replaced the stock mid-pipe with a 2.5"and installed a Hi-Flow cat as close up to the front of the engine, you can possibly help the overall HP numbers as well as pass emissions ;)

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
itsings said:
i c, so the 15-17 rwhp gains was WITH an aftermarket exhaust setup if i understand correctly then right?
The exhaust or midpipe don't seem to affect the overall gains, as you can see whiteblazze dyno'd 15whp with the stock midpipe.

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
WhiteBlazze said:
I ran this setup that was similar to another members setup and I believe he ran with a cat-less mid-pipe with the same results.

Upgrading the mid-pipe to a cat-less 2.5" pipe would eliminate all back pressure and more than likely just do more harm then good. If you replaced the stock mid-pipe with a 2.5"and installed a Hi-Flow cat as close up to the front of the engine, you can possibly help the overall HP numbers as well as pass emissions ;)
well with the new exhaust manifold im assuming it will eliminate one fo the cats, so only haveing a high flow for the midpipe would be pointless when it comes to emissions because u need to have 2 no? or are u saying throw on another cat in addition to the stock midpipe one to compensate foe the loss of the header cat?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts